RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Range Rover P38 4.6 HSE
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey P38 people! I thought i would share some pictures of the year long refresh I've been working on. Still need to change the leathers on the seats, clean up the interior and finish 3 door handles. She is a 1999 4.6 HSE. After the facelift she will get put back on air and a couple of other small mods.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Are you actually going to changer your seat leather or re-dye them? How about some pictures of your current seat leather surface.

I've re-dyed my seat leather last year. The color came out great. However, I've used a general leather sealer that gave the seat a vinyl feel now. I probably should've searched for a sealer specifically designed for vehicles and not a general purpose one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Changing them out to brown, the ash grey ones will be for sale soon, worst damage is where the driver gets in and out.
IMG_20210402_122111.jpg
IMG_20210402_122159.jpg
IMG_20210402_122219.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the covers I bought from L-Seat were a good economical option, front and rears were under 700$ if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi

WOW !!!

NICE JOB !!!

Are you doing all that yourself ????

Are they a difficult car to work on??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep all myself, not difficult to work on as long as you take the time to understand the systems and you have a Nanocom reader, side moldings deleted to update to a more modern look, exhaust will be tucked up into rear bumper. Front lower bumper cleaned up, this is my first wrap job, its not perfect. Color is gloss red black iridescent with gloss piano black trim.

·
Registered
86 Posts
[QUOTE="SENKOP, post:

Are they a difficult car to work on??
[/QUOTE]
they ok yo work on if you got some mechanic knowhow some times you need diagnostic machine to use bit most of time ask and someone will know how to fix it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've fallen in love with the P38, bought the rig for my son, when he didn't help with the heads(Kids loose their mind in High School) i kept it and got to work on it. I think it is the high driving position, the styling and how cheap you could build one that kept me hooked on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey P38 people! I thought i would share some pictures of the year long refresh I've been working on. Still need to change the leathers on the seats, clean up the interior and finish 3 door handles. She is a 1999 4.6 HSE. After the facelift she will get put back on air and a couple of other small mods.
Looking great . Mine is 2001 2.5l

·
Premium Member
1997 P38 4.6 HSE
41 Posts
**** fine :)

I didn't realize the moldings were an easy subtraction. Is it all adhesive attached? Did it take much paint fixing? It definitely looks less like a Ford Explorer that way. That is the one thought that has bothered me about this vehicle in the looks department... my brain sees Ford Explorer

I hear you on the "easy to get hooked". A guy traded me for my '95 Chevy pickup. I thought he was daffed at first, but research revealed the value similarity. I get it now, but if you are willing to do some work, the value can be outstanding. Some things are addictive. The high riding position is fun and the feeling of driving this tank down the road that you could drive up a wall if you chose to is pretty fun. That, and my HomeDepot runner 4x4 beast is leather wrapped etc. Somehow, the gray leather in mine is like 8-9/10 condition. Are your seat heaters working? Mine are not, and in MN. I would really enjoy air conditioned seats like modern luxury vehicles have. I have entertained the idea enough to purchase heating/cooling seat covers from Amazon that might find their way inside the seats someday... someday...

I'm slowly (so slowly it may never happen) working on a '97. So much is in excellent condition in and out, I can't let it go. Even with all the good bits, there are plenty of usual bad bits waiting for me. Too many irons in the fire at the moment, so only the need-to's to function seem to be getting the attention.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
The light brown seat covering that you're installing looks brand new. Are they brand new? Or, did you just happen to find used ones in really good condition?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
**** fine :)

I didn't realize the moldings were an easy subtraction. Is it all adhesive attached? Did it take much paint fixing? It definitely looks less like a Ford Explorer that way. That is the one thought that has bothered me about this vehicle in the looks department... my brain sees Ford Explorer

I hear you on the "easy to get hooked". A guy traded me for my '95 Chevy pickup. I thought he was daffed at first, but research revealed the value similarity. I get it now, but if you are willing to do some work, the value can be outstanding. Some things are addictive. The high riding position is fun and the feeling of driving this tank down the road that you could drive up a wall if you chose to is pretty fun. That, and my HomeDepot runner 4x4 beast is leather wrapped etc. Somehow, the gray leather in mine is like 8-9/10 condition. Are your seat heaters working? Mine are not, and in MN. I would really enjoy air conditioned seats like modern luxury vehicles have. I have entertained the idea enough to purchase heating/cooling seat covers from Amazon that might find their way inside the seats someday... someday...

I'm slowly (so slowly it may never happen) working on a '97. So much is in excellent condition in and out, I can't let it go. Even with all the good bits, there are plenty of usual bad bits waiting for me. Too many irons in the fire at the moment, so only the need-to's to function seem to be getting the attention.
The mouldings are not an easy subtraction, the slot for the anchors need to be filled. Did the body work, primed then vinyl over the primer. I figure if I get 5 years out of the vinyl it would be about the time to do the exterior perfectly. It looks real nice right now, but not perfect. Seat heaters do not work, not extremely concerned about the heaters. The replacement heater grids are fairly cheap on EBAY.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The light brown seat covering that you're installing looks brand new. Are they brand new? Or, did you just happen to find used ones in really good condition?
They are brand new from L-seat.com

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Thanks for the info concerning seat covers. I was surprised to see how reasonable the price is for what looks to be a high-quality seat cover replacement.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts