RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go again, I manage to break the little connector for the skinny hose which goes from top of the radiator to the expansion tank. Any cure for it other than buying a new radiator?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
483 Posts
Re: 1999 4.6hse the little connecter on top of radiator broken

Can't remember where but I read something somewhere about somebody taping a thread into the hole left and screwing a brass fitting into it.

·
Registered
517 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts

After you fix it, make sure you carry around an extra gallon or two of 50/50...as you may have gotten an air bubble in there. Keep a close eye on the temp gauge.

·
Registered
42 Posts

Hi there
I was the one who tapped the hole and put a brass fitting in. Held up fairly well, but wouldn't trust it on the long run, as there very little material for thread to grab to. When I spoke to my Independant afterwards, he said he'd fixed a number of these by screwing in a small self-tapping screw with some steel epoxy, thereby simply plugging the hole. He then put a T-piece in the radiator hose at the highest point where it runs over the alternator. Apparently the trick is to keep the hole as small as possible, and not increase the size as I did. I ended up buying a new radiator as I wouldn't trust the quick fix on a long trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts