Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

A friend of mine changed the spark plugs on my range rover to new ones the other night i drove it home was fine but the next day i drove it ,wasnt running healthy at all, it moved but barely had power and it just doesnt sound good at all. I think it wasnt running with all 8cylinder . I checked at night under the bonnet id there was any arcing or spark that would tell me it would be ignition lead problem but theres was NO spark or arc from the leads or coil

Ive had the car for 3years now and its done 163000km on the clock.

Im in Auckland New Zealand

I would really appreciate any help

Thanks
Jone

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,277 Posts
Seeing as 1999 was the transition year, is it Bosch or GEMS?
And if you suspect it's something your mate did, undo what he did and start from scratch. Simple.
If you drove it initially and it was fine, I'd guess the leads are in the correct order. Loose spark plug? No telling
Seeing as nobody here can see your engine bay, you will have to have a good luck around for anything that is unplugged, loose, etc.

Martin

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
772 Posts
If you've got gems, you've got one plug to the coils, if Thor, there's 1 each side, is it possible he's knocked one of them, I came across one that had come off, car ran badly. Otherwise as LLT says, lead off or wrong way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.