RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for some advice before possibly taking my RR into the shop. This is my situation.

After taking my RR out of Park and being in either Reverse or Drive, I will step on the brake and my brakes will not work. I have to quickly put it back into Park or Pull the E-Brake. My brakes have never failed any other time than when coming out of Park. It has happened two times so far. Once as I was parked on a slight incline, and then most recently while parked on a flat street. The E-brake light sometimes fails to go off even when the E-Brake it not engaged and I end up having to restart to car to get the light to go off. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Is anyone familiar with this situation? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read everything regarding removing the ABS Acc. and I can not seem to get it off. It looks a little rusty at the end and I applied WD40, and still nothing. I've tried using 2 types of Oil Filter Wrenches and they just strip the paint off. I can not seem to get a good grip. The wrench just slips off everytime. Maybe I'm not strong enough?? Is there a certain brand of wrench to use? The metal oil filter wrench I have is a Fram. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
241 Posts
I would try a strap wrench that you can purchase almost anywhere. The strap wrench will contour to the accumulator.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
241 Posts
trdarch said:
Everyone has said that doesn't work. Did it work for you?
Yep worked for me, but mine has a metal handle and not plastic like some... not sure if that makes a difference or not :)

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
upboardin said:
trdarch said:
Everyone has said that doesn't work. Did it work for you?
Yep worked for me, but mine has a metal handle and not plastic like some... not sure if that makes a difference or not :)
Yup, strap wrench works jsut fine. If it starts to slip wrap a piece of old inner tube around the accumulator to give the strap a bit more bite.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts