RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I’m looking to identify a pipe within the engine bay. Per the title it’s a ‘97 LHD diesel. To describe it, the pipe is black and exits the bulkhead right behind the the rocker cover. It then goes down and disappears behind what would be the cylinder head but I cannot see where to.

I want to know as it’s soaking wet with clear odourless liquid. Pic attached.

Any pointers much appreciated - still a newbie here!

A44E5693-5CCA-4C7B-B1C2-7DB8664991C8.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
That's the feed pipe to the interior heater. It takes the hot coolant from the engine to the interior heater, to provide heat to the passenger compartment. The liquid should be coolant, but could be just water. Either was, you need to address the leak, as loss of coolant will lead to overheating. Could be as easy as a leaking hose clip, but while replacing that do check for cracks in the hose where it goes over the pipe.

Filip

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the feed pipe to the interior heater. It takes the hot coolant from the engine to the interior heater, to provide heat to the passenger compartment. The liquid should be coolant, but could be just water. Either was, you need to address the leak, as loss of coolant will lead to overheating. Could be as easy as a leaking hose clip, but while replacing that do check for cracks in the hose where it goes over the pipe.

Filip
Thanks, Filip. I have managed to remove the pipe, no obvious reasons for leaks. I’ll trip the pipe and refit with new clips. Cheers, Tom.

·
Registered
771 Posts
After refitting, check the passenger floor for any dampness, the reason I say this, the heater pipes are joined at the heater with Orings which if you move the pipe to much will crack and split after all this time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts