RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day

I please need help on some Electrics.

symptoms: Abs, TC and hand brake is on...

I was at Dealer and told me only problem they find was the following error:
"No power at ECU Pin 1 when ignition is on."

Did some trouble shooting and find that Pin 1 on connector C116 witch plugs into Z108 unit has no power, in fact the only one's that has power is Pin 9 and Pin 10. the rest is all dead.

Question, Where do the Connector C116 gets its power from. (Ignition/Fuse Box)

Regards...

·
Registered
931 Posts
Do a search for Green Oval and download RAVE from there.it will answer your question/s :dance:

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

From your question I assume that you already have looked in the etm as you are referring to connector numbers and ecu Z108.

Look on page 97 of the electric trouble shooting manual you will see that pin 9 is connected from the fuse box via fuse F24 of 5A via connector C176 and C116 to the ECU.
Fuse F27 is connected via the ABS power relay NO contacts to connector C173 and also to connector c116 to pin 1.
If you do not have power on pin 1 means the abs power relay is not switched on or faulty or fuse F27 is blown.

The abs power relay is powered from pin no8 of connector C116 through connector C176 back to the fusebox. So the power to pin one is switched via the relay from pin 8. The ecu has decided (because of its internal program or fault registration) not to activate the abs power relay, or the ecu is faulty.

Best regards

Jos

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John W - Thank you, butt like Jos Geuze say. I have it.

Jos Geuze:

Thanks for the info. The Abs Relay you talk of, is this Relay 17 :?:

Ok, I have looked at fuse 27 and all is fine. The ABS Relay 17 I will go and buy new one tomorrow morning. Lets say that Abs Relay 17 and Fuse 27 is fine. What other area's would you suggest I look. I see on the Circuit Diagram that there is an Ground E167 that is I think located under the water bottle. ?

What is the possibility of Fuse box itself that is faulty. :think:

The reason I ask is that the ABS is half of the problems. The other half is that when driving the car, the Gearbox jumps between gears. It first it was just at high speeds, 2 days later, I can not drive the car. The other reason I think is that, just before all of this has started , I one day switched the car off, take out the key of the ignition and the ABS pump just keep on pumping..... :)

Or is this 2/3 different problems.

Thanks again Jos

·
Registered
931 Posts
MajSkollie said:
John W - sorry, Forgot to ask, What affect will be/happen if Pin 1 does not have power. ????
The relay JOS is refering to is RL2.This supplies 12V to Pin1 /C116.If pin 1 does not have power then Z108 the Anti-Lock Braking ECU will not function.

RL 17 is the ABS pump relay.You mentioned that after you switched off the car the ABS pump kept on running.This would happen if the contacts on this relay were welded closed.(ie relay contact failure). This is a known fault to happen.The ABS pump should not run after engine shutdown..

The fuseboxes are known to fail and can exhibit odd electrical symptoms when they do,so it is a possibility.

Goeie geluk.Waai die Oos wind vandag,of hoe `)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dankie vir jou moeite John

Thanks John for the reply. i will then buy the new relay and see what happens. Other wise I presume it MUST be the Fuse box P125a that is faulty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts