RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The owners manual says 72", but my LWB measures at about 69" in height from floor to roof. I just put new springs on and they were stock height springs. What should the height be, and why would I be short?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,486 Posts
The owners manual says 72", but my LWB measures at about 69" in height from floor to roof. I just put new springs on and they were stock height springs. What should the height be, and why would I be short?

Thanks
Is your EAS intact? I’m guessing not as you mentioned “springs”, so I’m guessing you have coil springs, not the stock airbladder springs that were stock in ‘95.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is your EAS intact? I’m guessing not as you mentioned “springs”, so I’m guessing you have coil springs, not the stock airbladder springs that were stock in ‘95.

No air springs. Coils

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe I'll put some spacers in. Just looks a little low visually.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The owners manual actually says 70.8 inches not 72 like I previously wrote.

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
The owners manual actually says 70.8 inches not 72 like I previously wrote.
With the original EAS, you could adjust the height. Access level was lower, and fully articulated, would have been higher.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't have access to my data but I recall normal rife height should be 19" front and a bit less rear.

Sagging Springs.
They are brand new springs

·
Registered
120 Posts
They are brand new springs
Since the vehicle never came with springs, who's to say your new springs are the right choice for your vehicle.

Maybe not sagging, but not doing what they should do.

Replace or add a lift kit.

What size tires are on the vehicle? Identical to factory original?

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
My 92 measures at 72 to 72.5

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
there are a number of coil sizes and manufacturers, all will vary many will offer from standard ride height to a 5 inch lift.
you may have gotten standard and those may be lower or softer than another manufacturer, thus your difference. two trucks identically fitted
will never match specs, they will approximate. normally all factory height and weight specs are with full tank of fuel, properly inflated and equal size tires, no load on flat surface, room temperature all fluids filled.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Mine has been parked in the garage since last Sunday, with EAS at extended height:

Hub center to wheel arch = 19 inches

Overall Height = 72 inches (with 225/75 tires)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts