RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm going to tackle this job in the next couple of weeks and am seeking input on any particulars that pertain to the '95 soft dash.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Can't remember anyone on here doing a later one yet, could be wrong though.

Should be covered in RAVE for what it's worth.

You might be the first one to do so, let us know how it goes.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
Gee, I didn't get crayons... :crybaby2:

Maybe because I got the upgrade to a huggy jacket. :thumb:

The 95 proceedure is covered in the version of RAVE most likely to be found on the internet. Give yourself a full day to get things apart and take lots of pictures. Although it is a daunting task, it gives you a great chance to clean all sorts of bits and crags you never would have tackled otherwise. My only tip is to make sure you leave your keys far far away to avoid locking them in or tripping the ignition before everything is properly back in place.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Like rrtoadhall said, take tons of pics. I took pics and labeled everything because there is so much to go through it seem it would really hard to remember where everything went.
It took me 1 week working 2 hours a day before work, then a half Sat and Sun, I took my time w/pics/labels/notes.

One major thing I almost forgot was to put the hose clamps back on to the hose connected to the core! Sooo... just a tip dont forget that :D

·
Registered
286 Posts
Are you replacing it because it leaks or because it's clogged?
If it's just clogged, remove both hoses and clamp a garden hose to the outlet and backwash it for half an hour.
Saves a lot of work and expense.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The p.o. had bypassed it, so I'm not sure if it was leaking. There's no evidence of leaks in the cab that I can find.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Test it first, it's a loooooong job removing it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just replaced my heater core on Monday and it officially took me 12 hours. I was slow and methodical and it all paid off quite well though. Everything works perfectly and I have heat. I think we have slightly different cars, but I am always unclear with a 95. I have a 1992 classic County. For me the most challenging part was installing the core into the heater box and then reassembling it so all of the flaps were propperly sealed. There is two hours alone on just that part for me. (The new heater core although looked exactly the same didn't fit exactly so i had to do quite a bit of adjusting. )

Anyway, I am quite proud of myself and wish you good luck. It isn't hard work, it just takes time and you can't be lazy or take shortcuts. Look at British Atlantic site. they have full kits that I would recommend and step by step printable instructions that were remarkable in their level of detail. They suggest removing the doors. I did not find this at all necessary, but had a wide garage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts