RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently had my center console refinished... when i reinstalled the wood panel and switches i initially noticed a hesitation in the rear windows... this only happened briefly then they returned to working... now several weeks later they have stopped working again... they dont work from the center console or from either door switch and pressing the window lock button doesnt seem to help at all.... before i tear out that center panel again, any help appreciated for sure!

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
353 Posts
you might’ve left the bottom two window switches and the child lock unplugged.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i recently had my center console refinished... when i reinstalled the wood panel and switches i initially noticed a hesitation in the rear windows... this only happened briefly then they returned to working... now several weeks later they have stopped working again... Visit AutoGuysLand to review car scan tool if you concern. they dont work from the center console or from either door switch and pressing the window lock button doesnt seem to help at all.... before i tear out that center panel again, any help appreciated for sure!
It is possible a bad switch, faulty wiring or relay. Just try removing switch.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I thought the rear windows were controlled by the circuit board under the driver front seat. It may be the dreaded Varta battery problem plaguing the relay and associated circuits.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I thought the rear windows were controlled by the circuit board under the driver front seat. It may be the dreaded Varta battery problem plaguing the relay and associated circuits.
No that’s the seat ecu.

Window ecu is dry solder joints

·
Registered
32 Posts
Check the center switch which locks the rear windows (at least on older models). Remove it and clean it and then reinstall.

·
Registered
353 Posts
on a 95 with the lockout switch unplugged you can still operate the rear windows from up front

1 - 9 of 9 Posts