RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to do some troubleshooting on a recently acquired new to me 1995 SWB. It seems like every switch in the auxiliary panel is not working. None of the ones with lights light up when pressed (cruise control, fog light switch, front/ rear screen heat. Even the interior dome light switch doesn't activate the lights- though the dome lights do turn on with the doors open.

Also the rear wiper switch does nothing, and the rear wiper wash button only sprays fluid on the rear glass- the wiper arm will not move.

It seems strange that the whole panel is dead. Does it share a common ground or a fuse somewhere?

Thanks!

-Christian

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
each switch is an individual circuit, each switch has two tiny light bulbs one for night time illumination another for "circuit on". these bulbs do burn out, thus because it does not light does not necessarily mean the circuit is non operational.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
each switch is an individual circuit, each switch has two tiny light bulbs one for night time illumination another for "circuit on". these bulbs do burn out, thus because it does not light does not necessarily mean the circuit is non operational.
Thanks! I will dig into the individual switches and see if they are the culprits then.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still a no-go. The switches seem to be working fine (good test with multimeter on them).

Could my MFU (Mult Function Unit) be the culprit here? I still feel like theres a relay or a computer somewhere downstream that is not allowing the auxiliary switch panel to power up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts