RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Thank you for reading this.

I recently purchased 95' County LWB and I'm searching for a free manual online. Does anyone know of a site? I'm finding lots of manuals but none specific for 95' 4.2 LWB

I purchased it used, at a steal, for $1250 from someone on Craigslist. That person removed the airshocks and the ABS box...So far, I've changed the oil and transmission fluids and have driven 700 miles thus far. I'd like to change the transmission filter myself, but the cross brace blocking it looks like a real hurdle.

Also, the catalytic converter rattles a lot. Can I replace ONLY the converter or do I need to buy the whole Y-pipe?
And the transfer case is stuck in high. I read about a solenoid problem that might fix it. I took it to a Land Rover shop in my city, and the shop manager breezed over it and said, "You probably just need to strong arm it."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,113 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the fray! Sounds like you've got a few things to work through, but nothing terrible. Try this link to a previous forum topic for getting yourself a copy of RAVE. This should be your starting point in gathering information for repairs and operation of these vehicles. From there, who knows...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29605&hilit=+RAVE

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the welcome AND the info. I'm looking at the landroverresource one. This will be a great help.

Now, If anyone is interested in a radio code for a '95 county LWB, I have the one that works for my radio. Cost me $25, which I've heard is cheap. Guy picks up a phone, calls a guy, ask for code, writes it down, says that'll be $25.

It is: 24115

Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome to the rover life.
I have a '95 county LWB too.

I got my radio code free from the dealer. I just called and gave him the vin and he gave me the code. As long as it's the stock radio for that vehicle they can get it by the vin.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My Radiocode is written somewhere on the body where I found it after I asked the pre-owner :thumb:

@danbreault

fix the small things and enjoy your car, I'm absolutely happy with my 1995 LWB.
The Rave-manual will help you, and for the dashbord-things, just have a look at the Discovery1 manual. It's almost the same.

cheers, chris

·
Registered
94 Posts
danbreault said:
And the transfer case is stuck in high. I read about a solenoid problem that might fix it.
Make sure you have all the fuzzes. The one that controls the interior light, radio, &etc. also controls the tx case solenoid. If it's blown, the solenoid won't allow shifting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts