RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all does anyone know how to get the pinouts for a 94 classic window lift ecu. There is very little information on the electrical systems for the 94 that makes any trouble shooting very successful. I have spent the last five days chasing gremlins. I'm pretty sure its the window lift but I want to check the pinouts and if all goes well I'll post the results to maybe help another. Thanks.

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts
Not sure it even has an ECU. According to the diagram for a 92, which will be the same as yours if it is a hard dash, there's 3 wires that go to the switch pack and that's it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes I'm sure there is and it controls the delay and one touch switching for the drivers side front window. The ecu also controls the sunroof delay when you turn off the ignition it gives you forty five seconds to close the windows. There is some sort of way that it controls the switching to all of the switches through a ground that I think shorted in the box that has made any use of the windows or sunroof non existent. I have been able to jump the plug going into the box to make the sunroof close as well as drivers window but that's all so I'm looking for a pinout. The 93 has the same ecu they are located in the bottom of the cubby box in a black plastic case.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok update to this after trying everything I could think of to find out the cause of the window lift, sunroof etc failure testing reading and getting very frustrated after tearing the interior apart I decided to start with looking at every post from the beginning of this forum until I found something similar to what I was dealing with. I finally found a post from 2006 and it said there was a fuse under the passenger seat that caused the failure of all of these systems. The manual didn't mention this nor did anyone that I talk to know about it. The fuse located behind the eas ecu in a group o about five is the cause of the window lift ecu, the sunroof, self diming mirror and antenna amp failure. This took me four days to resolve so hopefully if anyone has this issue they will find this helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts