RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Country LWB. I picked it up in December, and have had a fare amount of service performed to get it operating well. Two weeks ago it stranded me at the local ski area at close. Turned out to be the distributor, so I had that replaced. Since that was done I can no longer lock the doors. I don't have a key fob, so I only use the key to lock - unlock. When I turn the key to the right to lock it, the locks sound like they lock and unlock, and then the alarm starts honking. Any ideas on where to go with this?

Thanks
Todd

·
Registered
319 Posts
For the longest time, my LWB would not unlock without the car alarm going off but only when I unlocked it from the drivers side. Try locking from the other side and see if it repeats.

·
Registered
330 Posts
When I turn the key to the right to lock it, the locks sound like they lock and unlock, and then the alarm starts honking.
Don't you turn to the left (counter clockwise) to lock? This is a LHD right.
I seem to recall a possible key sequence needed to reset the alarm but could not find any info on a quick google.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I turn the key to the right to lock, on the drivers door. Currently this does nothing. If I turn left the locks cycle and the alarm sounds. I think turning left-right for three cycles was supposed to rest alarm system, and that worked once when I first picked up the truck. The alarm light on the dash is off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts