RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a '94 LWB that I just put a Atlantic British engine in. The motor runs great, and it has all new fluids and belts, but after the engine warms up for about 15 minutes of driving, the temp gauge just shoots up as it overheats. Any ideas? The radiator appears to be in good condition, with the correct level of fluid. A friend mentioned it could have something to do with the AC, but I'm not sure. I would appreciate any information.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
It certainly won;t have anything to do with the A/C if you don;t turn it on. 8)

More than likely the radiator is not up to snuff or you didn;t not follow proper fill procedures and have an air pocket. You can download RAVE using the link in the FAQ and follow the bleed procedure to ensure proper flow.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
I second the first opinion, but to add... your mechanic should have installed a new radiator with the engine, you are making a sizable expense why not cover your bases... at least get the current rad cleaned rodded and reconditioned...it is 22 yrs old.
then follow proper fill procedure...btw did you install new thermostat, how is your fan clutch....did you clean leaves and any other trash from radiator and a/c condenser fins?....

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,480 Posts
3x ^^^. 94classiclwb installed a used 3.9, rodded the rad, plus installed new expansion tank, new hoses, thermostat & waterpump for my old RRC. It's running better than I remember. However, I still watch the temp gauge like a hawk, just in case.
With a new motor in a 20+ yr rig, I would definitely make sure the cooling system is new or at least rod/recore the rad. If expansion tank is original, I'd replace that as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts