RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - really looking forward to participating in this forum. I grew up with a few RRC's and just bit the bullet and got a great rust-free, 100k mi, example for myself. Hoping you could shed light on a few things I have noticed:

AUX FOG LIGHTS: Head lights work, and lower-spoiler-mounted fog lights work (controlled via dash button), but I can't figure out how the fog lights mounted to the brush guard are operated. Was there a stock location for this? (would they be run off the B2 fuse --if so, see my other post). I thought this switch under dash might operate them, but it doesn't appear to.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
brush guard mounted off road lights were and add on. if installed by dealership would have been wired thru an extra switch on the panel next to hevac controls. I have come across some which have been wired to be operated when hi or low beam are on with out an independent switch.

I guess the best way to find out is to follow the wiring from the lights back to the control source.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
My fog lights come on when I turn them to bright
Try that

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your suggestions - I believe the lights came with the car originally. I just tried all combinations of headlights / fog lights / brights and i still couldnt get them to work. Any advice for trying to trace the wires? Thank you!

Years ago I had a 92 RRC with Hella lights wired to the blank switch next to the fog lights. But this car has the stereo amp switch there..

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Follow the wires
They should lead to a relay with a fuse
And there you can trace it to the switch
And power source

My 92 has a relay with the fuse mounted
Inside the motor bay on the right side close to the air filter

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
Thank you for your suggestions - I believe the lights came with the car originally. I just tried all combinations of headlights / fog lights / brights and i still couldnt get them to work. Any advice for trying to trace the wires? Thank you!

Years ago I had a 92 RRC with Hella lights wired to the blank switch next to the fog lights. But this car has the stereo amp switch there..
again, brush guard mounted lights were dealer add on not factory installed. it is a matter of following the wiring from the light back to source in order to figure switch feed.
having worked at a dealership, I can assure you no two guys follow factory's vage instructions on dealer installed after factory accessories.
my own truck has 3 sets of lights, each has it's own circuit and switch. each circuit has been routed different. two of those sets were installed by the same mechanic when I purchased the truck. wiggle wires and find routing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts