RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced the air bags , now I want to check the other parts ,as I am using schraeder valves . Any one with details (photos) on how to access the rest of the susp. so I can reinstate it to automatic. Valve block dryer etc. Thanks in advance.Regards Johnpaul.

·
Registered
378 Posts
This is an open-ended question, but the EAS system basically consists of the following.

• Compressor, pressure sensor and valve block attached to outside of RH frame rail
  • Air tank attached to outside of LH frame rail
  • Air bladder at each corner
  • Collet connection with O-ring at EACH airline connection
  • Air drier, intake filter, and unobstructed exhaust port
  • EAS control unit, relays and manual switch under RH front seat
  • Height sensor at each corner.
  • 3-switch dash cluster, for manual and override functions
  • Harness connecting all the electrical stuff
  • Plumbing connecting all the air-related components
  • some things I have likely forgotten...
I would start here to make sure you do have everything in place.

BTW, what exactly do you mean by "using schrader valves" - manual or bypass inflation?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is an open-ended question, but the EAS system basically consists of the following.

• Compressor, pressure sensor and valve block attached to outside of RH frame rail
  • Air tank attached to outside of LH frame rail
  • Air bladder at each corner
  • Collet connection with O-ring at EACH airline connection
  • Air drier, intake filter, and unobstructed exhaust port
  • EAS control unit, relays and manual switch under RH front seat
  • Height sensor at each corner.
  • 3-switch dash cluster, for manual and override functions
  • Harness connecting all the electrical stuff
  • Plumbing connecting all the air-related components
  • some things I have likely forgotten...
I would start here to make sure you do have everything in place.

BTW, what exactly do you mean by "using schrader valves" - manual or bypass inflation?
I replaced the 4 bladders, now using external comp. to pump via schraeder valves. I have the leaking bags sorted. I now want to sort out the rest to reinstate it to automatic. I am looking for a diagram as to where the bits and bobs are

·
Registered
378 Posts
You might also find additional info in the ETM (Electronic Troubleshooting Manual), which may or may not be included in RAVE. I don't use RAVE, but rather PDF's of each individual manual.

I'd start with visual verification all the components are present.

Reactions: Johnpaul

·
Registered
378 Posts
I meant to check that your RR still retains the components I listed in post No.2 above.

I don’t know if your EAS was ever functioning in your ownership, or if you are reverting from coil springs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes the system is complete,it had worked, with a mind of it's own, due to leaking bag's.Now I have to sort the comp. The info online is all P 38 , which is very different from the RRC. I am going to replace the comp. I want to see what else I need to check. The height adjusters and the 3 switches on the dash seemed to be working OK.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts