RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just drove my new to me '91 RRC 3hrs home through the Rocky Mountains.
Trying to get a few pictures to upload but not working so far. Manage attachment window opens but is blank......

Mechanically for now the truck is reasonably tight few small issues but going to be addressing all the fluids etc this week to establish a new baseline.
Cosmetically the interior is pretty worn out so will be doing a make over but functionally everything works...power seats are very temperamental, passenger seat back reclined but wont come back.

Exterior paint is faded and some surface rust on the nose and tailgate but nothing to be concerned with at this point.

Looks like its a nice straight base for a resto project

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats on your RRC, and kudos for being willing jump off the deep end and drive it 3 hours to get home. - look forward to seeing pics.
Cheers!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! What paint name/code is this blue? A repaint is way down on my list, mine is very sun faded from living in Texas and Northern ALberta but no real rust trouble spots.
The list of interior fixes is as long as a CVS receipt....so going after cleaning and replacing all those trim pieces, switches, headliner, door cards etc etc etc first.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The color is Clearwater Blue - I decided that this car was going to be my driver so I'm not worrying too much about the aesthetics - I have dents and dings, faded paint on parts of of the roof, tailgate rust... but overall it is very sound. She was a bit rough when I got her (saggy headliner, soggy floor mats, tach not working, temp guage not working...) but once I got through and cleaned her up she turned out to be a pretty solid truck with just 79,000 miles. The only two nagging issues left are a fuel guage that doesn't work and auto door locks that are possessed by gremlins. Eventually I will probably remove the 2" lift and return the truck to stock height, but for now we are just driving and enjoying as is.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine exterior is good from far and far from good but will be pressing it into daily service soon so not overly worried about it yet.
But the rear lift gate is completely shot, the last owner sealed it shut. I have found you can buy just the replacement frame in ALU in the UK but does anyone have a North American source?
Also, any leads on good used parts? Other than Ebay? RR auto recyclers etc?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts