RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Can someone listen/watch this video and offer any advice on my 1990?

It revving up and down and then cuts out.... driving me nuts. Can't drive it any more.

Thanks for this forum and all those who offer free advice. You're all heroes

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
238 Posts
We need more information - what work have you performed prior to the video?

My first impression is you have a massive vacuum leak and the ICV and ECU can not compensate.

However, you could simply have a faulty/loose ICV. I would start with disconnecting the ICV to determine if the idle stabilizes above 650 RPM - should idle high.

Also, what is the condition of the rubber bits around and including the plumbing downstream of the MAF?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We need more information - what work have you performed prior to the video?

My first impression is you have a massive vacuum leak and the ICV and ECU can not compensate.

However, you could simply have a faulty/loose ICV. I would start with disconnecting the ICV to determine if the idle stabilizes above 650 RPM - should idle high.

Also, what is the condition of the rubber bits around and including the plumbing downstream of the MAF?
HI thanks for replying... The only ting that went prior to this was a brake fluid leak at the manifold... Prior to that this thing was a dream... I don't think they're related, just bad luck.?

I checked the MAF today and it all seems clean and tight and the rubbers are in good shape. This car was very well looked after... So you think the stepper motor? I have a 1992 that had a jammed stepper motor and I WD40 it and cleaned with parts cleaner - repeated a few times then gradually managed to get the piston to move and ive not had aa problem with it since.... which Is why i ruled that out....

·
Registered
238 Posts
I would start with ICV unplugged to determine if the idle stabilizes above 650 RPM - should idle high. I would also check the connection and plumbing on the MAF.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would start with ICV unplugged to determine if the idle stabilizes above 650 RPM - should idle high. I would also check the connection and plumbing on the MAF.
OK, i'll do those... I think its smoothing smile im just not seeing.. much appreciate your time

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think something was knocked about or, disconnected when the brakes were repaired.

·
Registered
1989 Range Rover Classic
152 Posts
I agree with Lockettc, it's likely something that was knocked out or unplugged, do you have a CEL light on?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts