RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1990 range rover classic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me i there is already a thread on this, I have been looking for a company that can rebuild the abs/master cylinder in my classic. I bought the knowing it was cooked, however I did not think it would be this hard to find someone who can rebuild it.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
48 Posts
not sure which component of the ABS is cooked...mine was the pump. sounded like a gatlin gun and took forever to pressurize. Falconworks in Tuscon rebuilt and now it's perfect.

·
Registered
1990 range rover classic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The master cylinder itself has failed, i already have new parts for everything else, but the master cylinder is the issue

·
Registered
456 Posts
Is it worth talking through suppliers from another historic marque as brake work on hydraulics is pretty compatible across most things of this era.

Was watching a car programme recently in which they preferred to keep and rebuild original fitted hardware to preserve authenticity, this one was a Corvette on which they completed a sympathetic clean and reseal of brake components.

Many seals are common if the measurements and reference can be made to replace the rubber components.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts