Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've worked through a few of the issues this thing had by removing a vintage 1990's alarm system. But I still have some lingering demons.

Left Front Headlight stays on constantly with the fuse in the fuse box. I've tried a spare headlight switch, pulled the relay, and checked the wiring from the headlight to the relay for any chaffing. I don't see anything. Any other ideas?

Driverside window:
It was working fine. I had the windows down on Saturday, then I rolled them back up. The driveside window went up and won't come back down. I've checked the fuse and relay as well as the soft touch control unit. I still have to pull the door card and mess around in there. But it's weird it would work and then suddenly be dead. Maybe it ran out of Lucas smoke. The other windows all work good and go up and down like they should. I've tried switching the switches around to see if that helps, but it doesn't do a thing.

Fuel Pump: Was constantly running with the ignition on. The previous owner had run a jumper wire, so I replaced the relay. But I think the pump just died. Going to have to do some testing for that.

The Door Locks are Nuts: With the fuse in they go up and down constantly. I think its either out of adjustment or it may need a new actuator somewhere.

Other than that it seems to work and run good.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I figured out the headlight issue. The headlight washer relay was shorted out. So I removed it and the headlights work perfectly.

The fuel pump relay was dead as was the fuel pump.

The efi relay was dead causing the O2 sensor to stay on and run bad.

The relay for the front windows was also dead.

So now everything works as it should. I need to replace the driver side front window motor and put the dash back together.

It's been an annoying couple of days. But the demons are now excercised.

So I hope this will help someone in the future.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have been having some issues with an 89 too. The fuel pump was hot wired as well it failed. I installed a new one and have good pressure but now it seems there is no injector pulse so no start. Where was that alarm ecu located under the center of the dash?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine had an aftermarket alarm under the dash on the driver side

·
Registered
119 Posts
I see I don't think there is one in here but after replacing the fuel pump we now have no injector pulse .

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are your O2 sensors getting really hot without the engine running?

If they are you need to replace the efi relay and that could be the reason the injectors won't work.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes. It's the relay with the black base. The fuel pump relay has the blue base.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts