Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm stumped by this. The 89 classic was running fine then the fuel pump failed. We cleaned the tank and installed a new pump. We haven't been able to get it started and have checked everything I can think of. The fuel pressure is eighty psi and drops to about 40 when cranking. I pulled the plugs and they are dry although with a test light on the injector leads shows a pulse. I don't know what is happening but it seems the injectors are not opening. The engine will fire on starting fluid any ideas?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so we have checked everything except we have not removed the fuel rail, I will do that next. There is high pressure going in and the pressure is high in the return line going into the tank, that seems odd with nothing injecting. I did all the tests on the ecm and it passed. This is very odd could the pressure regulator some how fail and divert fuel directly back down the return line?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update hard to believe but all of the injectors were clogged. We cleaned out the fuel rail and installed another set of injectors and all is good just in case anyone else has this problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts