RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning I was driving down the street, no EFI light, no problems whatsoever, and the engine just completely shut off. One year old dizzy, ignition amp relocation kit, coil, plugs and all sensors. After pushing it off to the side, I tried restarting it, and I was getting a raw fuel smell so I assume the fuel pump is ok (fuse appears ok too). I figure it’s an ignition issue, any ideas where I should start first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
456 Posts
As above , check for spark from coil lead out to any earth. If sparking all up to that point is functional, including amplifier as it triggers the coil.

If you've got spark at the king lead from coil, then check at plug caps. If it doesn't reach there it's most likely the rotor arm.

Even some new rotors out of the box are non serviceable!! Type with rivet holding on HT track I wouldn't even bother with.

·
Registered
993 Posts
When this happens I always go for the cap and rotor first...
another thing can be the gas cap ... try loosening it to give it air...
Mine gets vapor lock every now and then...

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate all of the feedback! I’ll check those first and report back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1989 Range Rover Classic
214 Posts
I will second the ignition amp module failure suggestion, had one do exactly that, but I was just idling in the garage. Just randomly up and quit. Swapped in a new one and boom all was good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts