RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I was able to complete the replacement of headliner based on the contributions by other members on this forum. Thank You!. Unfortunately I am a little stuck on the how's regarding the sunroof headliner.

The RR shop manual states: 1. Partially open sunroof rearwards and carefully unclip sunroof headliner from roof panel front. Slide the sunroof headliner back fully. 2. Position sunroof in the tilt position and disconnect battery negative terminal....

I am not sure where the headliner is clipped to the panel, nor how to "unclip" them. Should I remove the insulation pad first? Can I remove the headliner from the sunroof without disassembling the sunroof subassembly? When the headline is pushed back fully (after step 1 above), how do I position the sunroof in the tilt position?

Sorry for the many questions. Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Fredi
San Jose, California

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
11 Posts
Fredi,
You don't need to remove the headliner. I removed mine on a '92 last night and it was not clipped. The sunroof tilts when the sunroof button is pushed past closed. The glass has to be removed, and one side of the slide rails.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for your response BrianD. The (RRC 88, no glass) sunroof headliner was in very bad shape that's why I thought to replace it while redoing the vehicle headliner. After staring at the sunroof panel and the RAVE instructions for a long time, I was able to figure out how to unclip it from the sunroof panel.
With the the sunroof raised, I used a flat head screw driver to gently pry loose the headliner at the clip points. Next I pushed it all the way back to remove the roof panel. The headliner then came out without too much problems.
Hopefully I can put all back tomorrow.

Fredi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts