RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello out there. I have a '88 range rover. A mouse has taken refuge inside and has eaten some wire insulation. That in itself makes for a diagnostic nightmare. First, my oil light has flickered on and off, stays on. My check engine light came on. The EFI light came on. Car seems to run ok. But whats really got me in a bugger, is, when I start the car, and it makes the chiming sounds, the buzzer stays on. I removed the fuse that is supposed to control it, as well as the int. lights ,radio, etc. Now the intro chime is silent, but when I close the door, the chime comes on constant. If I open the door it quits, or if I push in the horn button it goes away, with door closed. I don't really enjoy driving with my finger on the horn switch. I'd like to disconnect the buzzer, but I cannot find it. I have the lower panel off so I can get inside. Is there a way to disconnect the buzzer, so I can drive it until I can sort out the wiring issues. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Dana

·
Registered
48 Posts
You should re-install the mouse ;-)
Unfortunately, your best bet is to remove the driver side under dash cover, dig in, find and repair the damaged wires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. I'd like to uninstall the mouse and go wireless:lol:. I have the cover off, I found the warning chime relay and have disconnected it, for now.Not sure if the relay has gone bad.I'll deal with the wires. Are there any mouse electricians out there? Take care

1 - 3 of 3 Posts