RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grandfather asked that I help him organize his garage. After clearing enough space that allowed to have the Range Rover moved out, I thought it would be fun for him and I to start it up and give it a wash for once. Needless to say, we were both so impressed with how nicely some soap and water could do. At that point I decided to do some research and determine what the possible value of this vehicle could be, but had no luck in providing him with any insight. Hoping y’all would be able to give us an idea of what he owns so that he can determine whether or not this car is simply taking up good space. Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
at this age and considering the vehicle's provenance, it is a buyer's market. basically the vintage land rover has become a vehicle of particular interest and its current market value is based but not limited to many factors such as originality, custom work or not, rust, existing sheet metal, past service, mechanical viability and many others. some buyers go for looks and bling effect, while others go for reliability and mechanical prowess.
thus in conclusion it is worth what the buyer is willing to pay and seller is willing to accept.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Prices can vary regionally. Here in the Pacific Northwest people are asking lots of money for early nineties Range Rovers. A 1988 will be less desirable (in my opinion, at any rate) because of the earlier interior and engine. If the truck is free of rust and is generally in good working order, it will be worth a lot to the right buyer. Prices for the RRC are going up as good examples become increasingly scarce.

Check out auction sites like Bring a Trailer and Second Daily. Browsing the history of completed Range Rover listings will give you a sense of what people are willing to pay.

If it was mine, I'd keep it because it's a rare piece of history and from the photos you showed the truck looks to be in good shape - at least from what is visible. Definitely don't sell it just to make space in the garage. If you are going to sell it, try to find a buyer who knows what it is, appreciates it, and will be committed to caring for it. My worthless amateur appraisal as a stranger on the internet with unknown expertise is that you could sell this Range Rover for at least $12,000 assuming no rust, paper trail of maintenance records, and almost everything works.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Yeah
With all that said
Sure.... looks like nice Rover
Where are the interior pics and motor pics
I’m sorry just has the scam look
To me
I’m sure if you wanted it
It would be in storage

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah
With all that said
Sure.... looks like nice Rover
Where are the interior pics and motor pics
I’m sorry just has the scam look
To me
I’m sure if you wanted it
It would be in storage

Your response doesn’t make much sense to me. If he wants it, yes he will keep it. If he doesn’t, he won’t. Neither know if it has anymore value than any other vehicle of it’s year. Could you be more clear about what you were trying to say in your original response?

·
Registered
616 Posts
It didn’t matter if you get it or not
Try thinking a little harder
Come to your own conclusion
I have mine

·
Registered
248 Posts
I find the outside trim position disturbing. Too high and several pieces missing. But then owning an unmolested '84 I am a sucker of originality.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Looks very nice but I agree with JS5D the trim is not original & a bit off looking. Assuming it's been in Texas rust should be very little. Depending on how long it's been stored there may be a lot of dry rot & possible critter issues.

IMHO... The only thing undesirable is the 3.5 engine. What I find nice about the 88s is the LT230, less electronics and no ABS. Interior is more or less the same up to 94 and I prefer the stitching on the 88's seats.

Market value could be anywhere from $5-15k depending on how fast you what it moved, rust, engine condition & interior condition..... but you really should just keep it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Look what just popped up on Craigslist:

Looking familiar? Is just around the corner from where I live. Either the same seller or the new owner passing it on. Intriguing..

At $5k still within KK88RRC estimate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts