RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Range Rover classic experts. I'm a Disco nerd and have owned various D2's for there past 15 years. Currently own a 2002 D2 and also a 1991 RR Classic. I may have recently stumbled across a rare find and have the opportunity to purchase a 1987 manual transmission RRC. It has low k's and is is average condition. I know this is vague and it's hard to give me a hard answer but guessing that the car is in decent shape with some upkeep needed what do you think it's worth?
Am I correct in my assumption this truck should be one of the 1st with fuel injection and also has diff lock, no ABS? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Almost impossible to say what it is worth. Low mileage is always a plus, but condition of the interior, exterior, and mechanics is going to make a huge difference. Also, a very nice looking truck could have tons of rust. The manual transmission is definitely cool but not enough on it's own to make it a home run. Depending on how much you can pick it up for you might be able to make a few dollars, but I wouldn't count on it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Assuming you are talking USA.. while a manual transmission is 'cool' and would be my preference in terms of value you are not aspiring to a large buying market which means the value is low. Maybe different if you were to sell in Europe.

And a 1987 could be fantastically maintained with low miles and heaps of originality ... or... a 32 year old car with a massive list of issues each of which will be hard and expensive to fix

1 - 3 of 3 Posts