RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few days ago i bought 1977 Range Rover Classic
Car was last driven in 2001. and since then it was parked.
Owner started the car once a month to be sure that car is in working order.
Car is starting fine, works fine only brake is very low.
DSC_0470 (2).JPG DSC_0471 (2).JPG DSC_0469 (2).JPG DSC_0475.JPG
Car will be fully restored and I if it's ok I will cover restauration process on rangerovers.net

Also I have one question.

I found what I think is Carmichael Commando with custom made rear body for RTB (Radio Television Belgrade).
RRCC.jpg
And also European version of Range Rover Brooklands (LHD). I found that only 75 of these are sold.
Currently I am in negotiations about buying these two vehicles, so does anyone know chassis numbers/VIN for EUR Brooklands, and also does the Carmichael have their own VIN or they use Range Rover's VIN?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
364 Posts
I believe that's an R-Series (2-door) Carmichael, built to order from their catalog so it should have a normal VIN. On the DVLA website the fire truck 6x6s all show up as Range Rovers.

Could've been ordered directly by the Yugoslav government and probably retired sometime before the mid 90s.

How's the rust on them? The wings and firewall on your white one seem to be in nice shape.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
if I'm not mistaken there is a land rover registry where it is possible to do a serial search for the history of the vehicle. seems I visited this site once but thru a link. it was interesting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Firewall is great shape, but Inner wings are full of rust. Biggest problem are panel under the door on side frames. This https://www.paddockspares.com/390381-rr-comp-outer-sill-o-s.html They are completely gone.
I am more worried about this Brooklands, since there are rust around front windshield on both left and the right. It's not big, but i never saw that on pre-90's RR before, let alone 1992 one.
Also I never saw this Carmichael one, my brother send me this pictures, and I still need to see the car myself, but he said that the car was parked on that parking for at least 10 years.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Firewall is great shape, but Inner wings are full of rust. Biggest problem are panel under the door on side frames. This https://www.paddockspares.com/390381-rr-comp-outer-sill-o-s.html They are completely gone.
I am more worried about this Brooklands, since there are rust around front windshield on both left and the right. It's not big, but i never saw that on pre-90's RR before, let alone 1992 one.
Also I never saw this Carmichael one, my brother send me this pictures, and I still need to see the car myself, but he said that the car was parked on that parking for at least 10 years.
Windshield rot sounds unusual, but it's still probably better to deal with than some of the cars with salt year round.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts