Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am In need of the four radius arm axle mount bushings for a 74 rrc. I was able to find a kit but has other things included which I don't need and it is a lot of money. so I am hoping to find somewhere selling just the four bushings. also...... is it difficult to remove and replace these bushings?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Not familiar with the '74 set up...I went through Rovers North for the bushings on my '85, they have access to older Rover parts. Wasn't cheap, however they had the correct size and all the correct bolts/nuts.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
159 Posts
If I'm correct, you need NTC7307 as in http://www.paddockspares.com/ntc7307-radius-arm-front-bush-front-axle-to-ka930455.html from Paddocks in the UK who are ususally a good source of parts

I checked on Paddocks web site and they will deliver to the US, but they don't give a cost, but will price on request. Each bush is priced at 1.40 UK pounds plus 20% tax which may or may not be applicable to purchases in the States. In case you need it, the bolt is a 3.5" 3/8 UNF bolt which may be available on your side of the pond from a fastening supplier or if not, again Paddocks have then for just ove 1 UK pound each. To be honest, I would not re-use the existing bolts. I'm getting to the point with my Range Rover, then I routinely get the bolts as it's sod's law that if I don't, I'll end up having to cut one out, of the head gets rounded and then I'm left without the vehicle (it's my daily drive, so this is less of an issue if you have a backup motor)

As to removing and replacing, it's one of those how long is a piece of string questions depending on the state of the vehicle. On my '89 Range Rover when I replaced the original bushes this year, they were a real pig on one side and I had to cut the bolts to remove, but the other side came off easilly. Although it did require removal of the anti-roll (anti-sway) bar on the front to get clearance You will need a press to put the new bushes in, the old ones can be cut out carefully or pressed out.

Hope this helps
Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.