RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have got a non running 1972 Dark Blue and Maroon Range Rover and I woould like some advice on it. It has not been on the road since late 2004 and failed is't last M.O.T. It runs but the foot brake doesn't work, only the hand brake. The Petrol Tank leaks and the gearbox isn't great. On the upside, the interior is in lovely condition and all the electrics inside work. The bodywork is not ship shape but isn't awful. Unfortunately I cant get any photo's of it as I live in Scotland and it is all the way down the other end of the UK! I just want some advice on whether it is worth it to restore it or just sell it on. Cheers

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,080 Posts
you should be able to pick up something that runs for a few grand - only know prices over here but it is a trade off between buying second hand bits and buying a second hand car - how many k's on this thing? A tank shouldn't be too expensive and I guess a later model tank would be a fit, what is the problem with the brakes? I imagine it only needs a kit through it - best way to find out is to fill it up with fluid, bleed it till it works and then see where the leaks are. Ditto with the gearbox - second hand shouldn't be a drama - maybe $500?

An alternative is to pick up something that is running and use this one as spares.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts