RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've been driving my SVR for a few months now (since mid January), and i'm not too impressed by its exhaust note. Under load, it sounds very nice, but its rev's are very poor, and it doesn't pop as much as the 17' gen. Quicksilver is still in the makes of a new exhaust for this generation SVR, and i'm also not so sure I wanna spend the money on a full exhaust system. Someone mentioned I do a full res delete, with an x-pipe, but I had some friends say otherwise. What are you thoughts on what I should do?

·
Registered
5 Posts
There's a chap over on RRsportforum that is taking his centre silencer out today so will be good to see what improvements it makes, I'm finding the 2019 far too quiet too, is much quieter than my 2018 model!

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
298 Posts
There's a chap over on RRsportforum that is taking his centre silencer out today so will be good to see what improvements it makes, I'm finding the 2019 far too quiet too, is much quieter than my 2018 model!
I saw the video and it sounds good. I’m worried about drone, which I don’t love. But it’s supposed to be bolt on and bolt off, if needed. I might try it.

I did notice a big difference between 2017 to 2018.
You’re saying there’s a difference between 2018 and 2019?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you think you could link me to that post? I'd love to hear what that sounds like. Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes there is a massive difference, bet the 2019 is 50% quieter than the 2018 model which is very annoying!
I have a 2019 SVR and it sounds plenty loud but I ordered it July 2018. Are you referring to the ‘19.5 model? I just can’t imagine the 2018 can be that much louder than mine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can someone link me to the thread of the SVR without the 'silencer' please. Also, I though the 2018 and 2019 were relatively the same? Did they really make it quieter?

·
Registered
204 Posts
At my dealer yesterday someone inferred that there will be no 2020 SVR but instead a SVAutobiography model (like the Velar) will take its place. Perhaps recent toning down of the exhaust is part of that transition process.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can someone link me to the thread of the SVR without the 'silencer' please. Also, I though the 2018 and 2019 were relatively the same? Did they really make it quieter?
They put a GPF in the latest SVR so this is what has made it so quiet, the exhaust tips stay bright silver as hardly any carbon comes out of the exhaust due to this either.

·
Registered
22 Posts
They put a GPF in the latest SVR so this is what has made it so quiet, the exhaust tips stay bright silver as hardly any carbon comes out of the exhaust due to this either.
When was this introduced? What build dates does it affect?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’ve just taken deliver of a 19 SVR and find it too quiet, very different to the old SVR, better in every way except sound!! Has anyone modified their exhaust yet? I don’t want drone! I know a Muffler delete can be carried out by Urban.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2019 SVR and it sounds plenty loud but I ordered it July 2018. Are you referring to the ‘19.5 model? I just can’t imagine the 2018 can be that much louder than mine.
I'm thinking US models aren't affected by this since our laws don't require GPF. Interesting commentary from the FerrariChat: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/new-gpf-worse-exhaust-note-on-new-ferraris.602420/

Just ordered a 2020 SVR. Sure hope the '20 US model doesn't include a GPF...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Very interesting read, it’s definitely put me off Ferrari! This is going to be a big problem. It will mean aftermarket exhausts galore! Good news for you, the USA SVR YouTube videos sound awesome, it’s obvious there is no GPF. I’m looking at modding my SVR exhaust with a muffler delete through Urban, they have done around 70 2018/19 SVR’s so far. I just can’t find anyone that’s had it done! I don’t rate the aftermarket SVR exhausts available, if Akra did one I would be in!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Unfortunately GPF was implemented in the US starting with 19.5 SVR, i noticed the difference immediately when I picked up my new SVR. It's loud under hard acceleration but missing that fabulous sound when driving under 3000 rpm

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
59 Posts
So i've been driving my SVR for a few months now (since mid January), and i'm not too impressed by its exhaust note. Under load, it sounds very nice, but its rev's are very poor, and it doesn't pop as much as the 17' gen. Quicksilver is still in the makes of a new exhaust for this generation SVR, and i'm also not so sure I wanna spend the money on a full exhaust system. Someone mentioned I do a full res delete, with an x-pipe, but I had some friends say otherwise. What are you thoughts on what I should do?
I tried everything before I decided to go with the Quicksilver exhaust (removed secondary Cats, Removed mufflers, removed silencers etc)..Despite all of the exhaust mods I tried I still wasn't satisfied with the sound..In hindsight I should just purchased the QS exhaust , it sounds insane! I love it.
My advice is save yourself the time and money and just bite the bullet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have just had the Urban exhaust mod and unplugged the valves so that they are fully open. It sounds perfect now, up there with the old SVR

·
Registered
15 Posts
I tried everything before I decided to go with the Quicksilver exhaust (removed secondary Cats, Removed mufflers, removed silencers etc)..Despite all of the exhaust mods I tried I still wasn't satisfied with the sound..In hindsight I should just purchased the QS exhaust , it sounds insane! I love it.
My advice is save yourself the time and money and just bite the bullet.
Is there any drone when the valves are open?? I’m not a fan of the QS tips, they would look much better as a square design.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
59 Posts
No zero drone. Just a beautiful exhaust note through the full throttle range under acceleration . When on the highway cruising the exhaust is subtle .

1 - 20 of 52 Posts