RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want some 19" rims that will fit Brembo's....

apart from the stock 19" rims on the range rover sport, what other stock (aka cheap) 19" rims are out there that will fit over the brembos?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Are you dead set against the stock RRS 19" rims? 19s off a FFRR should work as the S/C version of the Range Rover uses the same Brembo calipers, but RRS and FFRR have a slightly different offsets, and I don't believe the 19" rims from an LR3 would have the inner clearance to accept your Brembo calipers. 19s off a RRS are easy to find on eBay and are quite cheap. There are two similar styles, the original one from MY06 and the updated design from 07s and later.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply..

i am not deadset on any rim choice.... just whatever is cheaper =).... i dont plan to use the rims to often so i could careless what they look like/damge as long as they work fine.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
A forum member is selling a set of 19 OEMs off his 2008 RRS on the For Sale forum dirt cheap, $300 (plus the cost of TPMS sensors, if you need them): viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32965. Not sure if you are anywhere near or if they are still available, but you can find similar deals on eBay quite often if you are patient. By sticking to OEMs you'd also minimize the chances or a stealer denying warranty work on your car's suspensions, steering gear, etc., by blaming the use of "non-approved" wheels... :wink:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Chem.

Look up www.speedywheels.com.au and check out their Cross-5 design which is available in 19x8.5 inch fitment from what I can estimate US$175 per wheel plus extra for drilling the blank to your specification. The higher the positive offset the better, as you will have enough room to clear your Brembo brakes and comply with insurance standard for extra load rating of the alloy.

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
28 Posts
sorry if this has been discussed but i haven't been able to find the offset numbers for my vehicle. i have a s/c with brembos with 20's. looking for 19's. some of the 19's on line have a 56mm offset and some with 57mm of a RR. Would either of them accomodate? I suspect the standard rrs 19's for brembo's are offset 56mm correct? I also see some for offset 53mm which I suspect is not enough and simply came off an hse. If someone can validate this information for me, I'd certainly feel better about some of the rim choices online.

thanks guys.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Here Lucky.

Next time you're down at the dealer or any preferred tire fitter, pop off a wheel and check the specification codes on the back ?

If there is a stamp such as 'P56' recorded somewhere on the inside of your 20" wheel, this is the Positive offset measurement.

Check please !

Cheerio,

Vince.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
34 Posts
chem said:
I want some 19" rims that will fit Brembo's....

apart from the stock 19" rims on the range rover sport, what other stock (aka cheap) 19" rims are out there that will fit over the brembos?

same question.. looking for 19" rims and tires for dirt road driving, to replace the nicer stock 20".

·
Registered
34 Posts
TripleE said:
There is a vendor (cpw-inc) on ebay that sells the RRS 19s for $300 w/o tires when they have them. They are typically take offs.

EDIT: FF set right here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-200 ... 3a52ca0f3e
So 19" by cpw-inc are 06/07/08 Land Rover Range Rover HSE OEM Wheels which will fit in 09 RRSSc with Brembo? Since these are OWM, the (d)stealer will be able to install em?

Also, which tires are (or do you) recommend with these wheels? these were mentioned in another thread... http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34275

thx again.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Since the thread started out as 19"s fitting on Sport SC Brembos, I can't honestly say for sure if the FF 19"s will fit over the FF SC Brembos; hopefully someone can confirm. If you are looking for an off-road setup, then the MTRs in that thread are tops out there right now for 19"s.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
I don't believe those rims would clear the S/C brakes because of the rim width (8Jx19, while the 19" equivalent for the Sport, where the spokes barely clear the RRS' front Brembo calipers, is 9" wide.) Not 100% sure on a FF, though.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Why do you ppl want 19's instead of 20's for offroading? Have you compared the effective sidewall height and overall diameter between the available 19 and 20 inch tires?

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Drevs said:
Why do you ppl want 19's instead of 20's for offroading? Have you compared the effective sidewall height and overall diameter between the available 19 and 20 inch tires?
Yeah, why didn't you post the results! Checking (255/55/19 vs. 285/50/20) the 19s would be 1" shorter but have basically the same sidewall (2mm difference). I'm thinking maybe they are not wanting to use the spacer on the 285/50/20 (is that what you did?)?

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
TripleE said:
Yeah, why didn't you post the results!
I knew you'd do it for me :wink:

It's not really a big deal, but I think you can get away w/o the spacer; I'm going to give it a shot today. If you never see another post from me, well, just use the spacer :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Drevs said:
TripleE said:
Yeah, why didn't you post the results!
I knew you'd do it for me :wink:

It's not really a big deal, but I think you can get away w/o the spacer; I'm going to give it a shot today. If you never see another post from me, well, just use the spacer :lol:
If you can get away w/out wheel spacers I would. I am dealing with a recurring wheel bearing failure issue on my FJ, due in large part (I think) to extra stress on the bearing from the spacers. I just went down in width on the tire and got rid of the spacers and we'll see if that helps. :pray:

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Got the hog up to 80MPH sans spacers and am alive to talk about it. I'm going to pull a tire off tomorrow just to check for any signs of rubbing, but so far, everything seems perfect. Bonus: no more steering wheel wobble and ~50-70mph.

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Those 19x8, 7-spoke wheels from the full fat Range Rover - model number RRC502640MNH - will definitely not clear the stock Brembos of a S/C RRS (not absolutely sure they would clear the Brembos on a S/C FFRRRR, but I suspect they would not, either.) The rim is just not wide enough - besides the slight difference in offset between a FF and RRS wheel (57 vs 53mm.) To my knowledge, the only 19" OEM wheels that will clear the Brembo calipers on a Sport are the two styles of 19x9 alloys that have been stock on the RRS HSE since 2006, these:

(MY06)

and these:

(MY07-09)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts