Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts
Those look like the factory, 9x19 stockers for 2007-2009 Range Rover Sport HSE, but they should offer enough inner clearance for your front Brembo brakes (they do for the S/C Sport, I assume clearances to be very similar on the S/C FFRR. I am not absolutely sure though, hopefully someone else with a S/C and a similar setup will chime in.) If yours is a MY06 you should also have identical hubs and lug nuts as the Sport/LR3, so no problems there. Just be aware that the offset for LR3 and RRS OEM wheels is slightly different than the one for the Range Rover (53mm vs 57.)

Are you installing Goodyear MTRs on those babies? I don't know of any other decent 19" mud tire available out there, but if you do please share! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is exactly the plan. I don't think there is an 18" wheel that will fit the SC other wise my tire choices would be much better.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,015 Posts
Compomotive in the UK manufactures an 18" rim (PD1880) that fits over the S/C brakes of the Sport if you just flip the anti-resonance caliper blocks around... It's the same basic wheel used on the Bowler Nemesis rally car. I don't think that wheel was ever tested for fit on a S/C Range Rover, though. The selection of A/T or M/T tires in 19" is pitiful indeed, you are almost better off going with 20" rims since, as silly as it sounds, the selection of 20" all-terrain tires is better!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,015 Posts
That's a great deal Jon, but I don't believe stock 19s off a 2003 would clear the Brembos of a 2006 S/C, and may require different lugs... I could be wrong, though. :?:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
umbertob said:
Those are great too, but at just 8.5" wide I don't think they would clear the front brakes of a 2006 S/C, either.
Why would width of wheel effect brake clearance surely its the inner diameter that counts?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,015 Posts
There, you've proven me wrong. Thanks for the pics! :thumb: I was going by our experience on the S/C RRS, where some OEM 8.5x19" wheels are not "deep" enough for the Brembo brakes of the S/C (the inner diameter is sufficient, but the calipers hit the spokes of the wheel when the lugs are tightened.) I wonder if those 19s would also fit the 2010 S/C models, as I understand the brakes are even larger now.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
umbertob said:
There, you've proven me wrong. Thanks for the pics! :thumb: I was going by our experience on the S/C RRS, where some OEM 8.5x19" wheels are not "deep" enough for the Brembo brakes of the S/C (the inner diameter is sufficient, but the calipers hit the spokes of the wheel when the lugs are tightened.) I wonder if those 19s would also fit the 2010 S/C models, as I understand the brakes are even larger now.
They are 2010 Wheels but are only an option for the Vogue I believe so not sure about S/C - might be tight if there bigger Brembos than mine :think:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Next Part to this question. The pressure sensors in the Wheels, If I get a set of 19s to put Mud tires on will this require a second set of pressure sensors?

-Robert

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,015 Posts
You can use the sensors from your stock 20" wheels (a tire shop can move them to the 19" wheels), but if you will be switching often between 19 and 20 setups you might be better off purchasing a second set of sensors, they cost about $60/70 each (you will need 4, of course.) Or, you can go without sensors and you will just have to get used to the fault message that will appear on your instrument cluster whenever you drive... ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is what I was thinking. I do plan to buy a second set of sensors. What is the largest tire that I can fit on 20" wheel and in the wheel well with out rubbing?

I am having trouble finding any off road tire in a 255/50 - 20

I have found a 275/65-20 in a bfgoodrich AT but I don't think it will fit.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,015 Posts
Over on the RRS forum some members are running 285/50/20s on their S/C (Cooper Zeon LTZs, I think Nitto Terra Grapplers may be available in that size as well.) These are ATs though, not sure if there is any mud tire available in that size. That's pretty much as large as you can go on a Sport with only minimal rubbing at full compression or steering lock, and I imagine clearances on the RR would be very similar.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The plan was 19s. But with all of the discussion I thought I would look for a second set of 20s. Which I found in flat black. I think they'll look good. The link below is to the wheels. I would like to be able to switch them out depending on the conditions.

The issue now is finding tires that fit and have a nice aggressive tread pattern.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land-Rov ... ccessories

1 - 20 of 33 Posts