RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that when put on auto, the auto wipers don’t work properly?
IE it just intermittent vs auto. I’ve confirmed that even when there is no rain, the wipers still wipe when it’s set to auto. I’ve especially noticed this since my 18C update?
It could have been the update before?

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
I don't experience the same and I assume the wiper control piece of the software is the same across the families.
I have them set to auto in all my cars and I don't have any problems. Both my sport and the full size have 18c.

There might be something on your glass that fools the sensor perhaps?

·
Registered
59 Posts
My issue on auto is they go too fast even on the dlow setting. Seems the software can't recognize how much rain is falling or the speed I am travelling ?

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't experience the same and I assume the wiper control piece of the software is the same across the families.
I have them set to auto in all my cars and I don't have any problems. Both my sport and the full size have 18c.

There might be something on your glass that fools the sensor perhaps?
I agree, I’ve had 2 Jags and 2 Range Rovers before this one and always felt the auto setting worked well!
I seem like this one is totally off?

My issue on auto is they go too fast even on the dlow setting. Seems the software can't recognize how much rain is falling or the speed I am travelling ?
Mine is acting similarly. I’ve had it just go bonkers when it’s not raining at all. But also, the other way too and had it go too slow when it’s raining. I just put the setting to low or high speed as a workaround.

Dealer mentioned that the updates should help it, but it hasn’t really. There might be a calibration that’s needed or something? Will ask my service advisor and report back if they have something for this specifically. Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts