RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachment=3:eek:t0r4ofy]Drive Side Small.jpg[/attachment:eek:t0r4ofy][attachment=2:eek:t0r4ofy]Driver Side 2 Small.jpg[/attachment:eek:t0r4ofy][attachment=1:eek:t0r4ofy]Front Small.jpg[/attachment:eek:t0r4ofy][attachment=0:eek:t0r4ofy]Front 2 Small.jpg[/attachment:eek:t0r4ofy]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
q-rover said:
Personally I think the tyres are too wide. :(
Ditto, but I like the mad max look.

You'll definitely need some mudguards on the front if you want your paint to stay in good shape.

·
Registered
217 Posts
looking nice! Hows the clearance on that back wheel? It looks like its really close to the wheel well.

Where did you order your setup?

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Glad to see yet another LTZ owner!

umbertob said:
Dude, that looks badass, lean and mean. I love the look! :thumb:
I was going to say "badassery". :thumb:

q-rover said:
Personally I think the tyres are too wide. :(
gooseyloosey said:
Ditto, but I like the mad max look.
The tires themselves or the wheel offset/tire combo of the wheels?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,469 Posts
Looking good...time to hit the trail!!!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
129 Posts
I would have never expected that to look good, but I like. I like a lot actually, nice job and GREAT job not doing the norm!! Those tires look thick, any pictures of it in access mode w/ the suspension lowered??

Good job.. and I second the mud flaps, look great on black RRS and will help keep it cleaner (just a bit though).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all of the compliments. My search for a used set of LR3 rims fell though, but I was able to find the Redbournes for a great price. They only came in chrome, so I had them powdercoated. I currently live in New Orleans where the streets are terrible, so I wanted to go with a larger tire after bending a rim on my other car. No rubbing in the rear so far. I had to trim the hard plastic lip off the fenders in the front. I will post some more pictures in normal mode and access. I am thinking about running a small rod-rod full-time, installing it before I get it alligned. Maybe 1.5" in front, 1" in rear. Has anyone run a setup like this for any extended period of time?

DB

·
Registered
96 Posts
thats a pretty cool look. i went with 22's and hi profile tires...but never thought to give it the big look. what did the wheels and tires set you back?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've been running around on MT/Rs and Johnson rods for about 500 miles. No issues other than a squeaky sway bar bushing that some SI lube fixed. Love the lift kit.

I've not done an alignment yet, as I'm going to run 22s and a lowering kit in the summer, so I'll take a bit of extra tire wear, as I only drive about 3000 miles a year (i travel a LOT, and ride my bike to work a lot).

JP

1 - 13 of 13 Posts