RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if 18'' Redbourne Saxons will fit an HSE? My 285/60/18 Cooper LTZs just got here, but my 18'' LR3 wheels fell through. I got a great deal on some Redbourne's but they are crome. I was planning on having them powdercoated before I put them on. Someone indicated in an earlier post that they "heard/thought" they would work. I can always return them, but definatelty jumped the gun on buying them once the tires came. If nooone knows, I will have an answer for everyone on Friday.

DB

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,469 Posts
So...a local friend has run for several years a set of 18 inch Redbourne Dukes on his LR3 with no problems, although the clearance on the brake calipers was a bit tigher than I would like compared to the standard 18 inch 5 spoke or 10 spoke OEM LR rims.

Nonetheless, he's had no issues at all...but it seems a shame to use such a nice set of rims for offroading.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
I didn't even know Redbourne made 18" wheels. If they fit a 2005-2009 LR3 (SE or HSE), they will fit your 2006-2009 RRS HSE. I have yet to see someone wheeling his RRS with fancy chrome wheels... :D Take plenty of pictures, nice choice of tires! :thumb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All good to hear. I was pretty worried about the fitment the more that I thought about it. I went with the Redbournes because I was having such a tough time finding 18'' LR3 rims. I ended up only paying about $200 more than I was planning on paying for stock rims. As far as the chrome goes, I am not big on it, but it was the only available style. I plan on getting them powdercoated black before mounting the tires. I live down in New Orleans and driving to the store is practically off-roading. The streets are horrible. The rims get here on Friday, I will post pictures.

DB

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Heck, I think you should go wheeling with chrome rims and watch the confused faces of the Jeepsters you will meet on the trail! And keep a jar of Grey Poupon on the passenger seat, just in case anyone asks... :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts