RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched darn near every forum imaginable and there still seems to be a lot of confusion about fit and rubbing etc. I've got a 2006 HSE with Johnson Rods. I just received a set of 4 18x8 et53 wheels part numberRRC500251. Going to have them powder coated matte black and will put Nitto Ridge Grapplers on them in 275/65/18.

IMG_1092.jpg

I test fit the wheels and they seem like they will be ok. They have enough space around the caliper, but I'm a bit worried about the how close the inner rim is to the strut. This photo is the current 265/50/20 and there is about 1 inch between the tire and the metal nob on the strut. With an additional 2 inches of diameter and the inner wheel rim being so close, it appears there will be a problem. Thinking I may need to do spacers to get the new wheels and taller tires pushed away from the strut.

IMG_1093.jpg

I know spacers can cause problems, but I'm wondering if 1" spacers might get me where I need to be without too much additional stress? It may not be necessary at all, but I can't find anyone who has used these wheels before on a L322. Am I going to get to the end of this and have a set-up that isn't going to work?

Thanks in advance for the input.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
402 Posts
Not sure if you need spacers as I dont have an 06. But Ive got on the 18s on my 05. Powder coated them matte black. No johnson roads. But I increased the standard height just enough to clear the rubbing in the right rear wheelwell with BBS Faultmate msv2. Running BFG KO2 275 65 very responsive and quiet imo.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ended up getting the 18's powder coated and installed the 1" inch spacers with the current 20's to see how they feel. They look and feel much better. I'm waiting for tires to arrive but the power coat came out great. Also just had a ride height sensor on the front passenger side crap out and upon inspection also need some new control arms, sway bar links, rear struts and bags and my 4-low switch has stopped working. Its getting to be an expensive week. One other thing... when the suspension faulted out on the sensor failure, I also got a cross-articulation fault that dropped it to the bump stops. A screw head in the outer part of the wheel well ripped up the tire pretty good. I think it would have missed it without the spacers. Good thing it wasn't the new tires. I'll be replacing the screw with something flat as well.

Kch6Rv7FS6iOOX8FjOAF6Q.jpg
1PrIFUDdS%iszEoKu+Upiw.jpg tk6JXlGARVGaF6nFFcYq3A.jpg

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
29 Posts
I’ve got 33s (285/65r18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers) on mine but I had to relocate the EAS Valve Block behind the RF fender liner as well as trim the fronts of both front fender liners. The washer bottle also needs to be relocated or removed. I don’t have any rear clearance issues as I’m basically running zero offset wheels (Black Rhino Bartsow 18x8 w/ 30mm offset plus a 30mm TerraFirma spacer) so there’s no contact in the rear. I’ve got 2” Johnson Rods and the EAS was recalibrated for another inch or so.....

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts