RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 RRS (HSE Lux) which came with the SC-style 20" wheels. After lots of research, I decided to track down a set of the old LR3 10-spoke wheels to mount with AT tires, which I understood should fit fine on my non-supercharged, non-Brembo equipped RRS. Got everything today, and upon mounting the fronts, they rub on the calipers. It looks like it's just the cast webbing on the back of the calipers, and it's just barely making contact, but enough to give resistance when trying to pull away, and scrape off the paint.

caliper.jpg rim.jpg

Frustrating, to say the least. Am I hosed? I've seen these wheels on these trucks before, and even the dealer assured me any 18" should fit. Seems like I could take a few mm off the back of the calipers with a grinder, but obviously that feels like a pretty sketchy idea. Only other option (other than going back to the drawing board) would seem to be trying spacers? Anybody else run into this?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
I edited your title.

18" wheels all fit 6-9 sports but 10-13 have bigger calipers. You can run those wheels with I believe a 1.25" spacer per some other conversations about this subject.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well crap. What's a good source for spacers?

(btw, I missed the mod approval notice, so I double-submitted this thread. Feel free to delete the other one)

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,456 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spacers procured and installed from lk8, and while that solved 99% of it, but there was still a little rub on one side. I ended up using a scotch-brite pad on a die grinder to basically just polish up the ribs on that caliper, and that extra fraction of a mm seems to have it clearing now. Not thrilled about having clearances that tight in the wheel, but I am pretty thrilled with the improvement in ride quality. May the low-profile tire fad die a thousand deaths.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts