Range Rovers Forum banner

1700W meridian

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  awryexperime 
#1 ·
I'm interested to know if anyone has any info or experience with blowing a speaker in the 1700W meridian sound system. I've been listening to it in my new sport for about a week, and it is absolutely outstanding. However, it is incredibly capable and loud, and I'm not sure how far I should push it or if there is any danger of blowing a speaker. I currently haven't really exceed 35 out of 60 on the volume scale. I listen to electronic often, and I just don't want he heavy bass to damage anything. Anybody have any info here?

#2 ·
Turn it up, I have the mid-package and like EDM myself. So far no issues and if all fails, it is covered under warranty. Just enjoy your car.

#3 ·
I have the Meridian and have cranked it to max a few times, but don't want to damage something more valuable than the system. My hearing! So I stay below 45 which is already too loud. So far so good. No issues but I have had the car barely a month and 1400 miles so YMMV.

#4 ·
i also have the Sig. i definitely agree that it is so powerful, you will damage your hearing before you damage a speaker.

i do have a rattle on certain heavy bass tones in the rear doors. but it's not the speakers themselves, but the housing/cover. going to get an audio shop to fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.