RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call from my dealer that my '17 will be at the dealer this week. It had been scheduled for a delivery in the beginning of May according to the build sheet so I assume JLR must have pulled certain builds ahead.....now to decide what to do with my '08 L322 that is in great shape however fair market has them well below what it's really worth...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase! I will have to change my signature as I was going to sell my 08 HSE yesterday but my other half decided to buy it for a work truck. You are right, they are valued too low. It's a 2008 HSE Lux with 68,000k miles and in great condition. I got two offers around the $12k range. Both the techs and salesman at Land Rover said that it's a lot of car for the money and a much better option to keep it in the family. We totally agree.

Can't wait to see pics of the TD6!

·
Registered
69 Posts
That is good news! My '17 TD6, ordered in mid-December was originally set to build in May, arrive some time in June. Hopefully that is pushed up!!! I'm confused by your statement: "however fair market has them well below what it's really worth." Fair market IS what it is really worth (to the dealer) in order to sell it retail and make a profit. Here in Georgia our tax structure is such that trading in [over selling outright for a few thousand dollars more] makes the most sense as taxes are computed at the purchase price minus the trade-in value.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Taxes are the same here in NJ...so I might save $900...I will see what the dealer will give and decide if i really NEED 3 rovers..

·
Registered
16 Posts
My TD6 arrived early as well. Order date Dec 10 arrived March 24. Im loving it!! Getting tinted Saturday and ceramic coated on Monday.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My TD6 arrived early as well. Order date Dec 10 arrived March 24. Im loving it!! Getting tinted Saturday and ceramic coated on Monday.
What is the ceramic coating..?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picked up the Beast on Friday and spent a few hours on Sat playing with all of the toys...An upgrade from my '08 is an understatement...there a few minor glitches (AEB initializing, Nav voice sometimes working other times not, a small rattle somewhere in the Dash, and the Auto shut down that is not the Eco mode) but overall the truck is outstanding...the new '17 infotainment system is very good, and the Nav graphics are perfect....What would be nice is with the WiFi in the truck for LRNA to be able to push updates directly vs going to the dealer....oh...and the wife made me turn off the lane departure shake...I guess too many years racing on the track and cutting the apex...drove her crazy...The number of times my '08 was in the shop over it's 109K was very minimal, so these few minor issues will not spoil my ride...I am happy..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts