Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
I much preferred the old wood finished gun safe and load area. The door pulls are nice but I have a feeling the other engraved pieces on the car are kind of tacky. I know several people who have H&H RR's and they at least in the UK (I do not know of one in the US) appeal to a very certain type of owner. For a start they are someone who is about to have a car fitted to a very fine pair of shotguns.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The pics in the PDF do not show the integrated heated and cooled seats in the climate control knobs.

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,566 Posts
I think I wouldn't mind being in the back seat of one of these...

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I would think they would offer two shotguns versus tailor the case.
Some states might revoke their license on the spot but I still agree and would LOVE that.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
With the laws in CA you would most likely be committing a felony if you drove it with guns in the trunk!

·
Registered
389 Posts
With the laws in CA you would most likely be committing a felony if you drove it with guns in the trunk!
Couldn't agree more!:thumb:

Car is great, but guns...no thank you!!

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Couldn't agree more!:thumb:

Car is great, but guns...no thank you!!
I think you misunderstood ... I support all of our Constitutional Amendments, including the Second. I am against stupid CA laws .. the only reason it might be a felony, for the LEGAL gun owner, is because the case is built in. A loose case would be fine. They have laws for problems that don't exist.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I think you misunderstood ... I support all of our Constitutional Amendments, including the Second. I am against stupid CA laws .. the only reason it might be a felony is because the case is built in. A loose case would be fine. They have laws for problems that don't exist.
I noted that the new case is removable. When it comes out it looks like a high end piece of leather luggage. The old one was wood/steel and bolted in. I always though that this was strange as under the UK's very strict gun laws it was illegal to leave a gun in an unoccupied vehicle. I have however been to many a shoot dinner where H&H RR's and others with gun safes in were reversed up against a wall with other vehicles parked in front of them. Not suspicious looking at all.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well, if Pablo Escobar was still around, he likely would of drove this. Of course his would of been modified to hold a "few" kilos back their too :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Coincidently this turned up in my Facebook feed as yesterday was pretty much the first shooting weekend in the UK. Bolts directly into the floor of a friends Rangies.
Firearm Gun Trunk Car Auto part

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
Factory gun cases were optional clear back to 1995. The factory cases were much smaller and still allowed much of the boot to be open. I think you will find the one above to be an after market tool box that has been outfitted.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Factory gun cases were optional clear back to 1995. The factory cases were much smaller and still allowed much of the boot to be open. I think you will find the one above to be an after market tool box that has been outfitted.
I know the source for these, they are actually purpose made so that they meet the very strict requirements of a gun safe in the UK (thick steel, seam welded, very high spec locks). It is a very heavy piece of kit. I suspect though it is based on the design of a tool box. There is another version of this that has two dog boxes above it that my friend had but the dogs now travel in another vehicle as the cost of a Labrador jumping up using two collectable fine English shotguns for leverage was excessive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts