RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can’t find any of the oils people are using to change the engine oil. Where are u guys finding it??
My manual recommends 5w 20 I called a dealer and he said MUST be 5w20 full synthetic castrol preferred but other brands are OK I have a 2012 range rover Sport SC

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I haven’t seen anyone use the 5w20.

You sure? Maybe because ours is diesel it’s the 5w30.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
30 Posts
Supposed to be C1 grade for low ash. I don’t use anything else. Get mine from Land Rover dealer.
Oil from my dealer is ACEA C1, but my owners guide and the iGuide says C2. :unsure:
Can anyone shed light on this discrepancy?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
466 Posts
what does the owner's manual say?

·
Registered
95 Range Rover classic SWB, 2016 RRS Td6
17 Posts
The Landrover owners manual that is online on the Landroverusa website states that if you can’t get the oil they say to use, C1, then “You may use 5W30 C2. It is there in black and white under Fluids and Lubricants.
I presume we are still talking about a L494 td6.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would not use that Castrol EDGE oil for your car. You need the specifc low ash content diesel oil to protect your DPF filter and the catalyst. I would choose oil that has ACEA C2 or C3 rating.
I use Motul 8100 X-Clean efe 5w30 on my Td6.
The Motul 8100 X-Clean 5w40 and
Motul 8100 X-Clean Gen 2 5w40 both would be good for your Td6 also. Liquimoly and Amsoil also has good specific diesel oil alot of people use them. You can find them from Amazon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I would not use that Castrol EDGE oil for your car. You need the specifc low ash content diesel oil to protect your DPF filter and the catalyst. I would choose oil that has ACEA C2 or C3 rating.
I use Motul 8100 X-Clean efe 5w30 on my Td6.
The Motul 8100 X-Clean 5w40 and
Motul 8100 X-Clean Gen 2 5w40 both would be good for your Td6 also. Liquimoly and Amsoil also has good specific diesel oil alot of people use them. You can find them from Amazon.
I ordered this. What do you think about it?

I was debating between the liquimolly I posted earlier and this one.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts