RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the line describes, does any noe have an idea where to start looking for these little monsters? I have customer with a new to him classic with running issues
and no communications.
at some time the 14 cux ecu has been disconnected and the terminals inside damaged, ergo I need to recrimp or solder a new set, yes all 50 or so terminals will be done.

thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,480 Posts
as the line describes, does any noe have an idea where to start looking for these little monsters? I have customer with a new to him classic with running issues
and no communications.
at some time the 14 cux ecu has been disconnected and the terminals inside damaged, ergo I need to recrimp or solder a new set, yes all 50 or so terminals will be done.

thanks in advance.
Yikes, what about replacing the 14cux altogether, like red90 did with his D?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have to really sell the owner on it, he bought it under the impression it was a good runner one owner in tuczon az. extremely clean well preserved lwb nearly identical to the donor you owned. mid 80's mileage but would not pass md emissions. someone in balto installed new cats, new 02 sensors, new MAF, resealed engine and issues continued.

I have spent time looking and tracing the wiring but upon looking at the ECU it showed wear and scratches, looked at the connectors and voila, many are damaged. hence no communications and poor running (possible).

·
Registered
330 Posts
Are you talking on the ECU or on the harness connector? There are a few ecu's & one harness on the eBay currently.

If you're talking on the ECU & you don't want to buy, I have a 13cu you could probably harvest from.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks the harness connector, I don't want to replace the whole assembly or cut and solder a new connector, thus Im searching for the little terminal.
the truck is way too nice and original to cut and solder a whole connector, I want to preserve its originality as much as possible. so does the customer.
the ecu seems fine, he has one more and I think I have one in storage as well if need be.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check with the used parts guys. Maybe someone has a bad harness for cheap.

although getting a connector means having to graft or solder short sections to the existing harness in order to repair, I may have to converse with the owner about it.
seems it may be the best lead so far. hmmm.
thanks. will keep on looking but with an open mind.

·
Registered
970 Posts
If you could post a picture of what your looking for
I have a 91 in my garage
I may have it

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,480 Posts
thanks, exactly what I need. I did google search prior to posting and came up with many suggestions but must admit I missed that one.
seems this vendor is the only one, wow.
Still a pain in the arse. With these trucks now well over 20years, it makes more sense to update the brittle bits & electronics. Now, if he’s doing a Concours resto, that’s a different story, but if he wants a decent dd, restomod isn’t such a bad thing. That’s how you slide into an LS swap or Coyote build, n’est ce pas? You know you’d love to shoehorn a Coyote into a RRC;)

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still a pain in the arse. With these trucks now well over 20years, it makes more sense to update the brittle bits & electronics. Now, if he’s doing a Concours resto, that’s a different story, but if he wants a decent dd, restomod isn’t such a bad thing. That’s how you slide into an LS swap or Coyote build, n’est ce pas? You know you’d love to shoehorn a Coyote into a RRC;)

lol I may just have gotten the opportunity. my brother's 01 d2 just blew a rod, the slow search for a replacement engine or short block is underway.
if the stars would fail to align on either side, I may decide to pull my 4.6 out of the money pit (aka laz) and replace with a toy while dropping the 4.6 in the d2.

on the customer's classic, its original and garage kept well maintained. definitively show room piece, he wants to keep it as original as physically possible and has expressed his unhappiness as how it went downhill while at the other shop, from a simple emissions concern to full blown barely running and lots of excuses.
I will update you about it at next hh.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts