Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Someone please correct me, but if my maths is correct (which it probably isnt :? ) that equals 16.7 litres per 100km. On a fuel economy run a few months back, I averaged 13 litres per 100km, which I think is 19.2 MPG.
I think 1US gallon = 4 litres....?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cnfowler said:
Not bad. How many miles on the Rover? I've got 180,000 on my '95 LWB. A couple months ago I got 18 mpg on a 200+ mile trip from Southern Colorado to Denver. I was ecstatic.

Colin
I have no clue how many miles are on my '87. :lol: ODO/Speedo have not worked for some time. Also, no lift and I'm on 225/75/16 Goodrich A/T's. Vehicle also had a hard life from what I gather, not much maintenace done (the motor looks pretty clean though, I suspect some gaskets were done somewhere along the line), I'm still getting a huge whine/drone on the power over ~62 mph which I believe to be the transfer case. Once I eliminate all the drag of worn parts I may do even better who knows.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, I forgot to mention that I use a garmin nuvi as my trip odometer and speedometer. I divided total miles by gallons missing since previous fill-up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
HUMMER H1 said:
18 mpg is unheard of . even land rover advertised i think 14 mpg

EPA rating was 15 under the old method. 18 mpg took some careful driving. If you're concious of your driving and anticipate things ahead, you'd be amazed how much more mpg you can get from any vehicle. I usually average around 14.5 - 15 mpg. I've hit 17 a time or two. 18 was the best I've seen.

I always fill the fuel until I can see it in the filler neck. That is the only way to know for sure exactly how much fuel is in the tank. If you can't see the fuel, there's a chance you may not fill it back up to the exact spot before, and then your numbers are going to be off. Also, use the same pump and make sure you have the same load in the vehicle. This is the best way to make accurate calculations.

Anyways, isn't it a bit wierd we're talking about fuel mileage on a Range Rover forum? :lol:

Colin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts