RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So going over medium and harder bumps I get this rattle/squeak on the passenger side only... It's annoying as to be expected but obviously something is loose... I'm good at turning wrenches but I don't want to have to turn every bolt head I come to while underneath our Rover tomorrow afternoon... Anybody else here experienced this here that could give me an idea of what commonly comes lose suspension wise???
I come from Jeeps and I know to always put a torque wrench on the passenger side "Trac-Bar" and to torque it to 60ft lbs every single time I do an oil change as it that component takes a beating and always seems to work itself lose at the worst times across 3 Generations on the Jeep... The YJ, TJ, and JK Jeep Wrangler Platforms... along with sway bar link bolts as well need to be torqued to spec every 5K with normal driving conditions and after every medium off-road outing and frame flexing event as well. I'm used to doing that and have yet to lose any bolts since I learned this Preventive Maintenance "Tip" back in 05'... Thanks for the Rover tips fellas in advance!

-Hams...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Ham, any luck with this yet??
Good morning "Eossai"... Actually, with the Covid-19 virus going on I haven't been out going anywhere and have been working from home, tutoring our daughter with the wife and grandma for all the school she is missing... and the constant deluge and thunderstorms we've had; that I haven't even thought about raising the suspension to "Off-Road-Height", locking it in, and crawling underneath the Rover on my "creeper" yet. Our 2 car garage is only good enough for parking as you can't really work on our Rubicon or Rover in the tight space so rain and lightening has definitely been a factor. I'll try and get to it today after a short day at work. I have a feeling it's a "Control-Arm, Sway Bar Link, or some other passenger side "Bushing" that needs to be replaced and pressed into the offending suspension link. I hope it's just a lose bolt or suspension nut as they tend to loosen over time and with off-road outings. I have 2 really nice, low profile, 3 ton floor jacks as well that I'll use to jack up the front and rear passenger side suspension if the off-road access height isn't high enough for me to get a good look-see and a solid ratchet head on all suspension bolts.

While I'm down there I have some nice Valvoline Pure Synthetic Suspension Component Grease and a new Grease Gun with multiple flex hose attachments; I'm gonna lube every grease zerk and ball joint I can find as well as I'm sure she needs it. I'll post pics and what the cause of the squeak over bumps is as well. Thanks for reminding me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts