RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
14.5 MY due late June, but have question regarding # of usb/iPod inputs

How many digital inputs are on a 14.5 my build? As typical, I know more than my local dealer about truck, but they have zero FFRR in stock (you can buy a 13' with 15K miles for $103K. LAL), but this is one thing I can't figure out. Replacing a 12' FFRR. I can't believe I am so excited about a vehicle. Is there a dedicated iPod input and a usb input? Cheers.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Re: 14.5 MY due late June, but have question regarding # of usb/iPod inputs

There is a usb input in the centre console just infront of the fridge area. Plus a usb input at floor height in front of the centre rear seat. There is no dedicated ipod plug you just plug into the usb points .Hope this helps!

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts

There is a usb input in the centre console just infront of the fridge area. Plus a usb input at floor height in front of the centre rear seat. There is no dedicated ipod plug you just plug into the usb points .Hope this helps!
I am thinking that is not quite accurate.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks Totya, interesting the dealer has an early 13' model on the showroom floor (no 14's in stock), but there is only one USB port in the center consol. When did they add discrete usb and iPod inputs? Also didn't realize about the virtual cd function. Good thing for LR these trucks are selling themselves currently, Heaven forbid the dealer be educated regarding capabilities!

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts

I had a 2013 and if my memory serves, there were 2 USB slots there. One called "iPod" the other called "USB". It's the same on the Evoque. I wouldn't swear on it, but that's what I remember. I'm getting my 2014.5 in probably the next 10 days, I can take some photos for you once it arrives (unless someone does it for you sooner). FWIW mine was one of the first 2013s in New England so I'm not sure what's going on with that stock vehicle there.

·
Registered
133 Posts

Iam thinking RRtoadhall that I looked again and Still only one USB port in front area near fridge but one aux port one pin jack I have not seen any Ipod connections that look like that since the ice age. In back still only one usb point and one pin points for audio in out plugs, I have nothing that even looks like the Topix Item 14 with two USB ports Or a one pin ipod jack.

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts

I'm sorry, when I say "iPod connector" that's a standard USB slot, it's just marked as "iPod". And then there's another USB that's called "USB". So at the end of the day, they are two fairly standard looking USB ports.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts

why is it folks are thinking their 2013 are going to be the same as the 2014.5? I knew this didn't sound correct so in looking at the link provided above this morning I see there are 4 ports. In the front there are three ports not 2... 2 usb and one iPod. In the rear there is a joint USB/iPod port. There are additional AUX and media sockets available as well.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts

I downloaded the pertinent pages off the NAS 2013 and 2014 Owner's Handbooks (I don't see a MY2014.5 specific manual), it looks like they removed 2 USB sockets in front and left one for either MP3/USB sitck or iPod on the 2014s, compared to the 2013s - they took the dedicated iPod socket off the 2014 Sport as well, so no big surprise. Rear media connections appear to be unchanged. Other markets outside of North America may well have differently configured systems.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts

Thats correct Umberto my car is 14.25 it seems they have changed the number of USB ports in the later cars, however the Topix has not changed with it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

That is correct, topix does not agree with the pdf's that were posted. Thanks for everyone's input.

·
Registered
96 Posts

Unless I'm blind :), my 2014.25 has a single USB port in the center console in the front (just in front of the cooler) and no USB port in the rear. I suspect you only get the USB port in the rear if you purchase the rear seat entertainment package.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
770 Posts

I confirm 1 USB port in front, 1 in rear (with RSE).

I also have not found a way of playing USB video on front and rear screen...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts