RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I notice some intermittent clunking noise when engine being shut off, sometimes it happens, sometime does not (by Merphy's Law, does not at the dealer's service appointments) it is 3-4 clunks from what I can hear from under the hood. I had new engine installed by a Dealer under my CPO, new superchager snout before that but that clunking thing was actually carried over. Is it just something these truck do? or anyone else had a similar issue? I will try to video-capture it and post...
83K on the Truck, 8K on the Engine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Its normal.. Mine has been doing it since day one of ownership. - Its another quirk these beauties have.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi guys, I notice some intermittent clunking noise when engine being shut off, sometimes it happens, sometime does not (by Merphy's Law, does not at the dealer's service appointments) it is 3-4 clunks from what I can hear from under the hood. I had new engine installed by a Dealer under my CPO, new superchager snout before that but that clunking thing was actually carried over. Is it just something these truck do? or anyone else had a similar issue? I will try to video-capture it and post...
83K on the Truck, 8K on the Engine.
A video would help.

Even though you say they put a new supercharger snout on, that's the only thing I can think of that might clunk right at shut off. I'm in the middle of doing the timing job on my 2012 RRS SC, and since the SC has to come off I decided to go ahead and replace the supercharger isolator, I couldn't believe what a bad design it is (springs embedded in rubber are never a good idea). The stock setup has a lot of play in it. I of course replaced with the aftermarket isolator (green color) which is a solid piece.

You might try taking off the belt on the supercharger and rotate the pulley back and forth and see if you can hear play/clunking.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I will follow up on your advise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts