RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 model before the 12v socket was fitted in the truck/boot does anyone have the part numbers for the wiring loom for it and the actual socket for the boot?

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
On a buddies rig I puchased a $5 power plug at Schucks and wired to the existing pull power line that is already back there. My '97 already came with one as it had the aux power pack and fridge in the back. I just followed my rig's wiring when installing his.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I was thinking of drawing 12v of the subwoofer amplifier? Any other ideas or tricks with this?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Have you got Rave?
If you look at the fridge fitting instructions the power socket just plugs into a premade socket in the loom, behind the sub woofer panel basically.
I just found the relevant wires from that and tagged into them.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Has anyone got a pre 1998 P38 with the 12V boot socket fitted from new?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found the connecting socket and hooked up the multimeter to it there is one earth and one permanent 12v supply and one that only supplies 12v when the ignition is on, I’m going to install two sockets tomorrow one for permanent supply and one that only works with the ignition on! I also installed a fire extinguisher in the trunk just in case something happens

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I'm confused.
Mine is a 98MY made in 97 and I just went out to look for the socket(s)/ connector(s)
for connecting harness STC8835.
I can't find any? Not on the side of the CD multichanger or the other side.
All the wiring is connected up.

Are these plug(s) a standard part of the wiringharness or only fitted to certain vehicles?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Open up the rear right light cover stick your hand in and feel towards the roof of the vehicle mine was hard to find as well it was tucked away quite well :thumb:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
:think:
Well took a picture of the wiring that is there.
Definately no spare connector(s)/ plug(s). Sticker on the wiring that is there says STC 8357.
Which corresponds to this
STC8537
Lead-telephone link, Also Used To Allow Telephone And/Or Refrigerator To Be Fitted As Well As S-Type Towing Socket, UK dealers - contact Hutchinson Telecom for installation and price details. Hotline 01325 395630 (01325 396000 outside office hours)
Hmm I'll look into RAVE see if I can get any wiring info from there.

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your loom looks similar to mine I tapped into a open socket with a green, black , pink and white wire running into it the black was the earth pink was the constant 12v and the white was 12v when the ignition was on

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I installed the sockets last week with no sweat I just tapped into the loom that wasnt connected any one want a photo of the completed job?

·
Legacy Vendor
341 Posts
JeremyD said:
I installed the sockets last week with no sweat I just tapped into the loom that wasnt connected any one want a photo of the completed job?
Pics would be great thanks Jeremy... I'm planning to do this job soon.

Cheers, Paul.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts