RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We picked up our 14.5 supercharged V8 last Monday and have driven 1200kms on HWYs, twisty mountain roads, logging roads, gravel, city... We're impressed. Smooth, quiet and capable. the most surprising thing to me is how relaxed I am after a long challenging highway drive or hot, tense urban trip. Originally I thought I'd want performance exhaust, tuning, etc., but I like it just the way it is - civilized yet ready to launch.

A few random things I've learned (many of these observations are obvious):
- relax for a split second and eco stop functions smoothly
- a waterproof pouch works well for taking the key fob into the ocean - surfing, sailing, etc
- can plug my computer into the meridian with an aux cable
- got a 12v socket adaptor for the macbooks
- looking for a 12v socket adaptor for a handheld Dyson vacuum
- push volume button to play stereo (when engine is off)
- a locking strap with internal wound steel cable is preferred method of fixing items (surf + stand up paddle boards) to roof
- have ordered a sea sponge, connolly leather cleaner + conditioner and klasse wax + sealant, plus a number of other cleaning items to keep it fresh
- this vehicle has a surprising amount of surface area to maintain!

'14.5 and '94

IMG_6333.jpg
IMG_6343.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
They look seriously awesome next to each other, congrats. I agree with the no-need-to-mess-with-it observation. It's just has this "look, I don't even need to try it hard" feeling to it that can only be ruined, IMHO. Also agree w the ECO note, I learnt to actually like it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
We picked up our 14.5 supercharged V8 last Monday and have driven 1200kms on HWYs, twisty mountain roads, logging roads, gravel, city... We're impressed. Smooth, quiet and capable. the most surprising thing to me is how relaxed I am after a long challenging highway drive or hot, tense urban trip.
Congrats!

- relax for a split second and eco stop functions smoothly
While it was something I learned to live with, I always thought the engine startup after an eco stop seemed rather harsh.

- push volume button to play stereo (when engine is off)
I think you'll find it shuts itself off after 10 minutes or so. This was something I found annoying as if I was sitting in the car somewhere waiting for something that was going to take more than 10 minutes, it was a PITA to listen to the radio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts