Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was driving and started noticing what sounded like a chirp or squeal coming from the right side. When I cracked the windows, it was much louder and shriller.

I did some searching and it seems like it's air suspension related? Is it safe to drive until I can get it to the shop? The car isn't lopsided and there aren't any warning lights on.

Another question - will this be covered under my CPO warranty?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
493 Posts
Could be wheel bearing - but hard to tell from your description. I would not drive too far like that - get it checked out (take video for service advisor). Should be under CPO - but depends on the terms of your warranty ...

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
How can anyone give you any info about this for the post you typed?

A chirp that's louder with window down related to air suspension? Like how's it related?

Is it safe to drive? No one can answer that as of now it could be a cat or bird stuck in the strut chirping at you.

Will it be covered under cpo warranty? Well without having any clue what's broken or stuck or living in the car how could anyone give an answer to that?

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
741 Posts
Today I was driving and started noticing what sounded like a chirp or squeal coming from the right side. When I cracked the windows, it was much louder and shriller.

I did some searching and it seems like it's air suspension related? Is it safe to drive until I can get it to the shop? The car isn't lopsided and there aren't any warning lights on.

Another question - will this be covered under my CPO warranty?
You'll have to excuse Brimill, he hasn't had his morning coffee yet ;)

As someones who's had both front air bags replaced on a 2011 rrss (within about 4-5 months of each other), it sounds like you have the same problem. You can probably go another 1000 miles max before they really start squeaking and/or not holding air anymore. I let it go for longer than that and I eventually got a fault that said "air suspension failure" or something similar. Yes, they are a CPO item.

The problem first starts as a small chirp when going over bumps but starts getting louder and louder and happening more frequently. Also, if you put the truck on a lift or jack up the front suspension, you'll be able to hear air escape through the leaky air bag seal. According to the service advisor, they are a VERY common failure, at least in miami, from the terrible road surfaces. They had '15 and '16 model year range rovers that needed air bags replaced too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2011 S/C at 57000 miles turned out to be front bushings. I thought it was the dash or windshield glass squeaking and much much louder with the windows down as you described. I wish I had the invoice to tell you how much from the dealer in Dallas. Not a CPO warranty item because they describe it as a wear item. I think I paid about $2000.00 and there are 14 maybe 18 separate bushings. Best of luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all (even the snarky responses!). I thought y'all were psychic and could diagnose my issues over the internet. :shrug

I dropped the car off today and played the video for the SA. She said it should be covered but she'd let me know tomorrow.

I'm hoping its the airbags if it's covered under CPO but I did raise and lower the car last night to check and didn't hear the sound.

Here is a video for those of you who are curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7x43JyL9wk&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
40 Posts
You'll have to excuse Brimill, he hasn't had his morning coffee yet ;)

As someones who's had both front air bags replaced on a 2011 rrss (within about 4-5 months of each other), it sounds like you have the same problem. You can probably go another 1000 miles max before they really start squeaking and/or not holding air anymore. I let it go for longer than that and I eventually got a fault that said "air suspension failure" or something similar. Yes, they are a CPO item.

The problem first starts as a small chirp when going over bumps but starts getting louder and louder and happening more frequently. Also, if you put the truck on a lift or jack up the front suspension, you'll be able to hear air escape through the leaky air bag seal. According to the service advisor, they are a VERY common failure, at least in miami, from the terrible road surfaces. They had '15 and '16 model year range rovers that needed air bags replaced too.
^^^^This would be my "guess". Same thing on my MY2011 RRSSC. Both sides.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The squealing was the front left strut and they're replacing under warranty.

I also asked them to look into what felt like a hesitation in acceleration that I thought was the transmission. It turns out that the supercharger had an issue that they're fixing. I asked for details and she mentioned there was a SB about it and had to do with some spring issue which doesn't make sense to me.

Bottom line - thank god for CPO.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I am a freshman with 2013 rrs supercharged CPO and have the same noice from my car. Have scheduled an appointment with my loca dealer in LA. Any advice? I also hear a noice when I push the brake hard, I would think from bushing. Any idea if that's covered by cpo?

Much appreciated you help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts