RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'11 RRS - intermittent sound out of driver's speaker, and a few other questions

My '11 w/ standard audio is encountering an issue where one or some (not sure which) of the speakers in the driver's door are occasionally not functioning. I thought maybe it was a loose wire, but I can usually get them to work by increasing the volume significantly more than I would like and then wait for them to suddenly turn on. Think this is an amp issue? Given the infrequency of the issue it will be difficult to replicate for the dealer.

On another note...the rubber weatherstripping on the front passenger door frame is starting to sag. I think working in a desert with 108+ degree temps for months on end took a toll on it. I also noticed that the rear passenger weather stripping is torn (likely from someone's boot). Think either or both of these strips can be repaired under warranty?

The vehicle has 34k on it now and I am thinking I'll probably keep it for 70-80k. Before the warranty expires is there anything I should ask the dealer if they can replace under warranty as a "repair" (preventative move)? Right now my brakes squeak terribly (s/c model)....and I was wondering if maybe I could get a new set of rotors/pads under warranty. Much of my mileage has been extended high speed highway miles (many areas with 80 MPH speed limits), and I've had it on the drag strip a few times, so I'm wondering if I should have the diffs looked at while I still have the warranty?

Oh, I forgot to mention that my steering wheel wines when I turn it. From my searching it looks like that is probably attributed to a lube issue the steering column and not p/s pump related.

Basically, I'm trust trying to compile a list of stuff I've noticed/others know about that I can address before my warranty expires. Thank you for your time.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,986 Posts
Re: '11 RRS - intermittent sound out of driver's speaker, and a few other questions

are you using an iphone instead of an ipod? I notice that when I use an ipod, both L and R speakers work. but if I connect an iphone, only the R works.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: '11 RRS - intermittent sound out of driver's speaker, and a few other questions

are you using an iphone instead of an ipod? I notice that when I use an ipod, both L and R speakers work. but if I connect an iphone, only the R works.
This is with standard radio/sirius/CD player

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts

If your dealer is nice you might be able to get the weatherstripping replaced under warranty.

The brakes won't be covered.

I would drive through some tunnels with the windows open and listen for squeaking/grinding noises that would alert to any wheel bearing/diff issues that might be just starting.

If you have any knocking in the front get the sway bushings replaced under warranty.

The steering--have you checked the ps fluid level first?

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
741 Posts

My '11 w/ standard audio is encountering an issue where one or some (not sure which) of the speakers in the driver's door are occasionally not functioning. I thought maybe it was a loose wire, but I can usually get them to work by increasing the volume significantly more than I would like and then wait for them to suddenly turn on. Think this is an amp issue? Given the infrequency of the issue it will be difficult to replicate for the dealer.
I'm really surprised this is happening on a 2011. My '05 LR3 with the Logic 7 experienced the EXACT same thing with more than one speaker over the course of 5 years. In short, the speaker is "blown." The contacts on the voice coil are separating from the cone (or something like that) and only under high volume will the current be strong enough for it to carry over, therefore turning them back "on". It was hard to duplicate on my truck too, but when I told the dealer they didn't bother to replicate, they already knew. Just changed it out for a new speaker and problem solved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts